My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

The Future of Satellite TV?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

See here...

http://www.whathifi.com/sky/q/review

The distributed nature of the setup seems to blow away any assumption that Humax/Freesat failure to deliver a Server/Client model for the HDR/HB1000S boxes is somehow something to do with Freesat or the broadcasters blocking it. The SKY model will no doubt be very expensive in subs but certainly sets the competition for the future. Can Humax/Freesat compete?

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 12:09:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Lol - that is funny! Sky has been pre-bragging about SkyQ almost as long as George Osborne's been pre-bragging about the "economic recovery", and now here it is at last - with no 4K!

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 13:36:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The features announced are miles ahead of the current Freesat and 4K is mentioned as available in the future. So what's not to like (if you're prepared to pay for it).

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 14:54:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 12 minutes ago  » 
    The features announced are miles ahead of the current Freesat and 4K is mentioned as available in the future. So what's not to like (if you're prepared to pay for it).

I have actually started a thread on this very subject on the Humax sub-forum Broadcast Internet and Media. I will say at the outset I think it looks very nice and is years ahead of anything from Freesat Freeview or BT TV/Youview.

However, having previously been with Sky for over a decade it's not something I wish to repeat, especially with retirement beckoning. Not wanting to be churlish though - fair do's to Sky on this one.

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 15:11:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Horses for courses. It's true that no box Sky could offer would ever tempt me back.

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 15:26:11 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.