My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

"This channel is unavailable or scrambled" ?

(43 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

and again last night this time on BBC 3 SD!

| Thu 22 May 2014 8:47:59 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

Barry - 2 weeks ago  » 
    Well blow me after saying only seen this once I have similar problem tonight on BBC 3 HD recording - spoke to soon
    Chris my file is smaller, only a 30 minute programme so will use that if required by engineers - will highlight to Humax Towers tomorrow.

Any update from Humax Towers on this yet please Barry? I've had another 'channel scrambled' failure over the weekend (BBC3 HD)

Gerry

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 21:27:29 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Failures are very few and far between it would appear, my last one was 23rd May so very hard to actually tie it down.

Humax Towers are aware, but no feedback as yet from engineers.

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 22:15:11 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

Barry - 8 hours ago  » 
    Failures are very few and far between it would appear, my last one was 23rd May so very hard to actually tie it down.

Thanks Barry......This failure was the first for some time,

Gerry

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 6:57:16 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

Barry - 4 weeks ago  » 

Two more failures this week one on BBC3HD & one on BBC4HD

Gerry

| Wed 9 Jul 2014 16:40:28 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

Wotan - 6 days ago  » 

Barry - 4 weeks ago  » 

Two more failures this week one on BBC3HD & one on BBC4HD
    Gerry

We have two 1TB HDR Fox boxes. I set both boxes to record a film (The Proposal) on BBC3 HD for tonght. Approximately half way through, I checked each box to see if they were recording properly, both appeared to be OK, so I stopped the recording on one of the boxes. Before deleting the part recording, I checked to see if this part recording was OK from the beginning, it wasn't, the 'channel scrambled' message came up. On checking the recording from the beginning on box 2 (the film was still recording), it seems to be OK. The problem for me does not seem to be 'few and far between' The recording failures are not always on the same box but most seem to be BBC 3HD. Am I the only one still having problems? The number of reports of 'channel scrambled' failures seem to have dropped off. Perhaps if we can log failures here, Humax can see that they are not as few and between as they might think?

| Tue 15 Jul 2014 21:43:21 #16 |
  7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

@Wotan. The box that gives you most problems is it an old hardware (horizontal aerial sockets) or a revised 'RE' model (vertical aerial sockets)? It may be unrelated, but every now and then when I switch on my 'RE' box I get the 'channel scrambled or unavailable' message. Changing channels does not help, but a reboot almost always makes the tuner function again. I don't know what causes it: it may be a fault with that particular unit rather than a bug.

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 3:02:10 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

MontysEvilTwin - 3 hours ago  » 
    @Wotan. The box that gives you most problems is it an old hardware (horizontal aerial sockets) or a revised 'RE' model (vertical aerial sockets)? It may be unrelated, but every now and then when I switch on my 'RE' box I get the 'channel scrambled or unavailable' message. Changing channels does not help, but a reboot almost always makes the tuner function again. I don't know what causes it: it may be a fault with that particular unit rather than a bug.

Both boxes have the horizontal aerial sockets. The failures have been random across both boxes. The newer box was purchased when the 2000 was announced. I'd been toying with replacing our old 9300 and wanted an HD box with a front display.

I formatted the disks on both boxes when this problem first arose.
    It never happened before the last update, and it only has happened
    with BBC3HD & BBC4HD, recordings on all other channels are OK. Both boxes are on Humax software i.e not customised.

Gerry

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 7:04:08 #18 |
  9. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Its not happened to me since I first reported it here - touch wood.
    I think it must be the box software rather then dodgy BBC data being broadcast, as there would be tons of complaints.

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 8:36:18 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

chrisdaniels - 2 hours ago  » 
    Its not happened to me since I first reported it here - touch wood.
    I think it must be the box software rather then dodgy BBC data being broadcast, as there would be tons of complaints.

Thanks Chris and Monty's Twin, I'll do another format at a convenient point and also keep an eye on the DTG website to re-install the last update. I prefer to use OTA. Incidently, both boxes were updated simultaneously with the last update with no problems whatever. I suppose the BBC3 HD problem will go away when(if)it becomes an internet only station!

Gerry

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 10:45:45 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.