My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Top RH screen says receiving data

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roker

The small screen Top RH occasionally does not show a picture or sound when in the Programme Guide, it shows a screen that says 'Receiving Data'which seems to go on forever. The other menues it works OK
    I also have a HDR 1100S in the other room which works no problem

| Tue 11 Sep 2018 11:29:44 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I have seen the same message briefly on my infrequently used HB-1000S. I can imagine that when powered up it has sparse EPG data and may be using the second feed to download more EPG data rather than the EPG channel.

The speed of EPG population would depend on the current channel - HD channels such as BBC1 Or BBC2 HD have a lot more bandwidth so would populate a lot faster.

| Tue 11 Sep 2018 11:44:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roker

So I cannot correct this? Humax told me to do factory reset, this is not an option, the unit is only 3 months old and there is a lot of work setting up favourites, I'm not doing this every 3 months.
    The picture is there in other menus but not in :TV Guide:

| Wed 12 Sep 2018 9:05:03 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I had forgotten that this unit only has one tuner.
    My unit is very infrequently used and when first powered on would not have any valid EPG data. So I can imagine it would give priority to populating the EPG rather than showing a picture.

However if you use the unit ever few days you should not see this after first use I think, unless the EPG is totally out of date i.e. > 1 week.

What signal do you get on the main channels? (Settings >System info > signal) [from memory]

| Wed 12 Sep 2018 10:28:58 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The FAQ's are your friend.

Try tuning to BBC 1 HD and then entering guide.

| Wed 12 Sep 2018 11:08:20 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I have some more question for you.
    1. Have you attached a hard-disk?
    2. Do you leave the unit in standby? (recommended)
    If you turn it off note, that it takes the unit at least 5 mins
    to save it's data to slow NVRAM.

See Barry's comment above - especially avoid leaving the unit on part-time channels.

| Wed 12 Sep 2018 11:51:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roker

Thanks Repassac.
    I do not have a hard drive, I haved attached flash drive but this does not work because instruction on screen say use hard drive.
    I switch the mains off at night
    Settings signal info
    signal strength and quality is good

| Wed 12 Sep 2018 15:56:21 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is normal to place units in standby at night. Power consumption in full standby id < 0.5w (as per EEC standards).
    Note that powering off when you go to bed may well cause your problem as settings (and I guess EPG) will not have yet been saved to NVRAM which takes more than 5 mins perhaps more.

You can see this with a power meter plug - after putting it into standby, when it completes saving, there is a further power drop to the sub <0.5w level.

| Wed 12 Sep 2018 16:52:59 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roker

It appears to work OK this morning, I gave it 10 minutes to shut down before switching the mains off last night.
    Thanks for your advice, how could Humax not tell me this?

| Thu 13 Sep 2018 11:25:18 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is very rare for someone to turn off power overnight.
    Modern PVR's are designed to be left in standby and some models e.g. Foxsat needs to be in standby at 03:00 GMT to do essential housekeeping tasks (like register transponder changes).

I only asked that question as an after thought. A support desk usually uses a inverted tree Q&A list to cover problems. I have never seen a report with your problem before and am not surprised that support has also not.

| Thu 13 Sep 2018 12:55:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.