My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Transfer programs from a Humax 9300t

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LennieBradshaw

I am asking for a non-techie friend. She has a Humax 9300t but it is giving regular problems. We were thinking of replacing it, but she has programs on the 9300t that she does not wish to lose.
    I have read about a program called humaxrw which can copy the programs off, using a Windows or Linux system. However, all the links I can find to this program (and others) seem to give me 404s.

Are the utility programs available? If so where?

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 12:03:33 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Welcome to our forum.

Link to command line version and GUI add on in FAQ's

https://myhumax.org/forum/forum/9150t-9200t-9300t-pvr039s

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 12:46:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

LennieBradshaw

pologies for the long delay. I now have access to the failed PVR 9300T. I have extracted the disk. It is a Seagate Pipeline HD. It is thinner than many 3.5in HD types.

I have run Seagate utilities against it which are non-destructive and it fails about 62% of the way through a scan. I left it overnight but it would still not read the disk.

I have tried to get humaxrw to read it, but it consistently fails to find the disk when using a USB to sata connection. However I tried a direct sata connection and now the disk is recognised. This is a Windows 10 system.

I started a command session with adminstrative rights and tried to execute,

humaxrw 3: -l

But this gives me the message,

Partition table: Permission denied

What can I do now?

| Sat 22 Dec 2018 14:02:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

LennieBradshaw - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I tried a direct sata connection and now the disk is recognised. This is a Windows 10 system.

What recognises the disk and in what way does it recognise the disk?

See the warning in the following link
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw

LennieBradshaw - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I have tried to get humaxrw to read it, but it consistently fails to find the disk when using a USB to sata connection.

How have you confirmed that the humax disk in your setup is "3" and not another number?

Did you try the GUI front end where it works it out for you and you don't have to specify it?

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw-gui-front-end-1

| Sat 22 Dec 2018 14:16:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

LennieBradshaw

Thanks for the quick response. I think you are right, that this is not disk 3.

I looked in Disk management and it shows 2 new entries as shown in the attachment. So now I have tried each of these numbers (6 & 7) and I either get
    Partition table: Permission denied
    or
    Unknown Partition table

I tried the GUI but it did not recognise the drive at all. I get,
    Could not automatically find Humax Disk. Is it connected?

Looks like this drive is not very well.
    Any others hints?

Attachments

1. Capture.JPG (36.3 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sat 22 Dec 2018 14:55:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

LennieBradshaw

Luke,

I have determined the cause of the bad disk entry 6 above and removed it. It was a spurious USB device.

I used a WD 500GB drive in the 9300t and it formatted the drive and I was able to operate the 9300t.

However, the original Seagate drive will no longer function in the 9300t. I suspect that Windows has done something to the partition table, as you warned.

I tried using
    humaxrw 2: -p
    as suggested, but this needs more parameters, and these are not shown in the advice.

So I have a couple of questions.

1. How do I stop windows from doing this screwing up the partition table?
    2. How do I repair the partition table so I can read the files on the original disk?

Thanks
    Lennie

| Sat 22 Dec 2018 22:59:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

LennieBradshaw - 23 minutes ago  » 
    ... the original Seagate drive will no longer function in the 9300t. I suspect that Windows has done something to the partition table, as you warned.
    I tried using
    humaxrw 2: -p
    as suggested, but this needs more parameters, and these are not shown in the advice.

The warning stated that to repair the damage it is HumaxCheck that should be used. Humaxrw and humaxcheck are not the same.

There is a link for downloading humaxcheck near the bottom of
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw

| Sat 22 Dec 2018 23:31:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

LennieBradshaw

Luke, many thanks. I must have been tired last night not to spot that I needed a different program.

Now I have managed to retrieve all the programs from the original Seagate disk.

I attempted to write them to the WD disk, but while this appears to work, the resultant drive is corrupted in some way. The files are not recognised by the 9300t and hemaxrw no longer recognises it either.

I thought I saw a reference to humaxrw not working for writing 9300t files, so I guess this confirms that.

Do you know whether there is a way to get the files back onto the 9300t or any other PVR?

Lennie

| Sun 23 Dec 2018 13:48:18 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

LennieBradshaw - 1 hour ago  » 
    Now I have managed to retrieve all the programs from the original Seagate disk.
    I attempted to write them to the WD disk, but while this appears to work, the resultant drive is corrupted in some way. The files are not recognised by the 9300t and hemaxrw no longer recognises it either.
    I thought I saw a reference to humaxrw not working for writing 9300t files, so I guess this confirms that.

There have been occasional reports that the proagrmmes have been copied back to a 9300T drive successfully. Why it works for some but not for others has not been identified and reported.
    I don't recall anyone else reporting " humaxrw no longer recognises it either". This could indicate that something novel has happened with your copying back or treatment of the disk by your windows machine.

Do you know whether there is a way to get the files back onto the 9300t

No. I don't believe there is an alternative.

Do you know whether there is a way to get the files back onto ... any other PVR?

If you copy just the .TS files to a USB powered drive, (flash or portable HDD), and then plug that into a HDR-1800T, or HDR-2000T, or HDR-FOX T2, (or HD-FOX T2), then the unit will be able to play the files (providing the USB format, FAT32, EXT3, NTFS or whatever) is recognised by that particular model. Some of the extra trick pay features won't work (e.g. bookmarks) but they will still be payable. I'd also expect the FVP-4000T/5000T to be able to play them.

| Sun 23 Dec 2018 15:10:01 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

LennieBradshaw

Luke,

Thanks. I am now looking at either,
    1. Refurbished HDR-1800t that appears to have a USB port and can play file from according to the instructions,
    or
    2. PVR9200t from Ebay (very cheap) and use humaxrw to restore the files.

ho-hum, nothing ever simple

Lennie

| Sun 23 Dec 2018 15:21:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.