My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

transfer PVR recordings to DVD

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

oddjob

Hi all

Wonder if someone here has the answer.

We have a Humax 9300T which is becoming full up with stuff we want to keep.

Ideally, we want to transfer/archive the recordings on the PVR straight to DVD but don't know how to do it.

The problem with using the PC is that the PVR is in a completely different part of the house to the computer.

In any event we don't think the USB output from the PVR is functional. I don't think Humax have enabled that yet.

Or am I wrong?

Is there a piece of kit we could buy to plug into the PVR and have the programs transferred to DVD?

We already had a DVD recorder but it's a bit flakey and we loose quality recording first from the PVR on to the DVDR then secondly to DVD.

Any advice much appreciated.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 22:05:17 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum

You are correct about the USB port not being available for file transfers.

In order to transfer recordings from the 9300t you will need to either remove the drive and connect direct to the PC (do not let the PC 'initialise' the drive) then transfer the files off using humaxrw available from the download section here (link) (it's about half-way down the page).

Alternatively you could do the eSATA cable mod (same as Foxsat mod here (link)) and when you want to transfer files you would need to disconnect from the 9300t and connect to an eSATA port on the PC (this may need to be added but is just a case of plugging a SATA to eSATA cable into a free SATA port on the motherboard.) Then use humaxrw as above. Again (do not let the PC 'initialise' the drive)

Once on the PC there are a variety of (free and commercial) DVD authoring programmes that can read the .ts files and burn to DVD. Personally I use VideoRedo TVSuite as it has frame level editing.

| Wed 22 Feb 2012 16:37:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

oddjob

Thanks, aldaweb but, as I mentioned in my first post, the locations of the 9300T and the computer are nowhere near each other.

From what you say it seems the ONLY way to achieve what I want - without transferring to the DVDR first - is to connect the 9300T to a PC.

No can do. It's too impractical.

I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve a PC but I guess there isn't one.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 16:05:36 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A DVD recorder or vcr will record the content (preferably by RGB scart) in real time. Without using a PC these are the only items of kit with the required analogue to digital converters and real time mpeg2 compression that I can think of.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 16:17:18 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

oddjob - 18 hours ago  » 
    Thanks, aldaweb but, as I mentioned in my first post, the locations of the 9300T and the computer are nowhere near each other.
    From what you say it seems the ONLY way to achieve what I want - without transferring to the DVDR first - is to connect the 9300T to a PC.
    No can do. It's too impractical.
    I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve a PC but I guess there isn't one.

The idea of using the eSATA mod is that the drive can be external and therefore more easily transportable to the PC than the 9300.

Otherwise you are stuck with recording to a standalone DVD or HDD/DVD recorder.

| Fri 24 Feb 2012 11:03:21 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.