My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Transfer recordings humax to humax

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pmallinson

Is it possible to connect a humax 1000s directly to another 1000s and copy or transfer all recordings ( and if possible data / settings) ?

| Sun 2 Feb 2020 21:28:44 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pmallinson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is it possible to connect a humax 1000s directly to another 1000s and copy or transfer all recordings ( and if possible data / settings) ?

No. But you can apparently copy the recordings of one hard drive to another new one installed in the same box. A new motherboard will have a different encryption key to the one the box that recorded it.

But it just might be able to watch the recordings of on one the other if both are on the same network.

This definitely possible using two HDR-FOX-T2 Freeview boxes Not having two G2 boxes no way to check if this possible. This requires the two boxes to exchange the individual encryption keys for HD recordings.

I can view all recordings made on my Foxsat-HDR on my 1000S. Part of the process requires a small patch to the original Foxsat-HDR that we cannot discuss here.

The 1000S can stream recordings from a Foxsat-HDR

More information. Why do you want to do this ?

| Sun 2 Feb 2020 22:59:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pmallinson

I have a small fault with one of the 1000s units whereby every now and then it lets out a very loud crackle noise through the tv and it frightens both us an€ the dog to death. Hence I have bought another 1000s to replace the faulty one and need to get all our recordings off it and play through the new one, I can do this using an external drive through usb but it’s not really very gooD as you have to use the change device red button to se3 the external drive and then IF you transfer files from the external drive to the Humax disc drive it will only as far as I can see transfer individual programs so not a folder of say 6 programs

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 10:52:20 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pmallinson - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have a small fault with one of the 1000s units whereby every now and then it lets out a very loud crackle noise through the tv and it frightens both us an€ the dog to death. Hence I have bought another 1000s to replace the faulty one and need to get all our recordings off it and play through the new one, I can do this using an external drive through usb but it’s not really very gooD as you have to use the change device red button to se3 the external drive and then IF you transfer files from the external drive to the Humax disc drive it will only as far as I can see transfer individual programs so not a folder of say 6 programs

HD is encrypted (and possibly) SD The decryption key is unique to the motherboard used t record it. It's near certain HD recordings will not play on a new machine and may be SD as well.

| Mon 3 Feb 2020 13:14:03 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.