My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Transfering recorded progs to Ext USB HDD Powered

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Plonker

Sir,
    Could someone offer me a little advice, I believe that if I plug-in an ext usb powered HDD, I can transfer a recording from my HDR1000s Int. HDD to the external USB HDD.
    I plugged in a powered 300GB USB HDD, the PVR then asked me to format it. I am ok about that, but how do you transfer programs from Int. to the Ext ?
    Once a prog is on the external HDD is it possible to plug the USB drive into my pc, and play the file with windows media player or Gom player or similar? Many thanks in-advance for any suggestions you can provide.
    Regards
    Richard Jones

| Sat 3 May 2014 17:49:54 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Not possible to transfer programmes with the HDR 1000/1010S units as yet.

| Sat 3 May 2014 17:55:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Plonker

Hi Barry,
    Thank you for the rapid response, I am impressed.
    Can I ask one more question.
    I would like to record and keep tv documentaries, no I am not into piracy.
    But would like to create my own collection of Science, Space and Astronomy progs, to watch some time later.

I bought a Startech HD USB-2 Capture device, which will give me fabulous quality HD pictures on my PC, when connected via the HDMI cable from the HDR1000s Of course it won't let record at HD quality.
    So I tried to go down in quality and use red, Green and Blue component video via scart cable, it would seem as there is no output from the HDR1000s for component R, G, B, video?

I then tried S-Video 4 pin Yellow round plug, the picture comes through in B&W with a herring-bone pattern over the screen and no sound, even though I have the stereo lead plugged and that works for HDMI sound.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Richard Jones

| Sat 3 May 2014 18:20:20 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Component output on HD boxes have disappeared, reason is that component output is easily copied. The last Humax box to have component out was the Foxsat-HD. Component output on scart sockets is even rarer (The Topfield Pvrs had it). RGB isn't component. Component connections are labelled YPrPb and normally use RCA phono sockets (your TV may have component inputs). The HDR1000S will output RGB or CVBS from the scart socket. There's no S-video output.

If your usb capture card will truly work with component you can buy a hdmi to component converter. These are designed to allow older HD TV's and projectors (pre HDMI) to work with HDCP protected output boxes like the HDR1000S.

You can also get RGB to Component Converters that will convert RGB to Component (of course this will only be in SD even if using a HD channel)

Plenty on E-Bay.

Incidentally Hauppage make hard disk recorders that will record in HD from a HD component source.

| Sat 3 May 2014 18:35:50 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.