My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Trouble getting box out of standby

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shrimper

I have not been able to find a reliable way of getting my 1100S Freesat box to start up. Once started its brilliant. However, sometimes the power button just seems to toggle the set between 'off' and standby repeatedly. This regardless of whether I turn on the TV first or the Freesat box. Occasionally it boots up at first attempt, esp if its been in use earlier in the day. At other times after 4 or 5 unsuccessful attempts I have to switch it off at the mains, wait half a minute, switch on, and usually it will then boot up, but sometimes it can take 10 mins.
    I also have a problem with Auto Standby, which I can't find a way to switch off. Could the problems be connected?

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 0:26:07 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

sometimes the power button just seems to toggle the set between 'off' and standby repeatedly

Confused with that comment as the power button should toggle between standby and on.

Does the LED change colour when you try and toggle between standby and on, if so what colours - Red = Standby, Blue = On, Purlse (ish) = Recording (unit could be on or in standby)

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 8:52:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ndc-home

I am having a similar problem with an HDR1010. Using the Remote Power button seems to switch the unit between Standby (red light) and no light at all. Certainly does not start. This occurred I think because I tried to start the unit to watch an existing recording just as the unit started recording two different shows.
    The Power button on the unit itself doesn't appear to do anything much at all.

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 10:44:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ndc-home

As an add on to my last comment. I have unplugged unit from the mains and then plugged it back in

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 10:47:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shrimper

Well Barry, the answer is sometimes it toggles between red and blue, and all is well. Other times it goes from red to no light at all. After that it may just stay sullenly with no light, other times the red light returns again. I am finding it quite difficult to see a pattern in all this.
    The Auto-shutdown is another annoyance. Several times a programme has been interrupted by a message that Auo Shutdown will occur as the box has been inactive for 3 hrs (it hasn't).
    Another of life's mysteries?
    The one thing that does seem to work after failed attempts to start up, is turning off the whole shebang, then back on again.
    Alan

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 17:49:24 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.