My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Trouble getting to the menus

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pitpatjan

I'm new to this so apologies if I've missed something obvious but this problem is driving me nuts! I have a Humax 1010S and all is going smoothly (although slowly) except that I cannot wake the machine up without switching it off and on again (taught my Microsoft!!)

The display on the front says (eg) Channel 5 (if that's just been recording). I have to select AV4 on my TV remote to use the Humax. I get a blank screen and none of the options on the remote (TV guide, recordings, settings...) work. When I press the red on/off button, the time displays. Repressing the red on/off button kicks the machine to life but I have to wait for it to go through its routine dislpays before I can do anything.

So, surely it was ON in the first place? If so, which button do I press to wake it up?

Please feel free to state the obvious;)
    Jan

| Fri 18 Oct 2013 12:27:57 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If it is displaying "Channel 5" on the front panel it is on. What TV brand and model?.

It is likely there is a TV setting relating to HDMI-CEC - try tuning it off. See the link for the many names TV brands have for HDMI-CEC.

| Fri 18 Oct 2013 12:51:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Assuming that your Humax is connected to the TV using HDMI then the problem is related to the Humax to TV HDMI hand-shaking.
    For example in my Panasonic E5B TV...
    With my 1000S connected to HDMI1 on my Panny E5B I switch on the TV, wait until the blinking green light glows constant, then switch on the Humax. TV then displays the boot-up sequence of the Humax. If I'm too quick and power on the Humax before the green light on the TV glows constant, then the TV seems to lock onto HDMI1 but with no display from the Humax. The only way to unlock is to switch off/on the Humax.
    Equally, when switching off I switch off the Humax first then the TV, the opposite sequence (TV then Humax) results in the Humax switch off causing the TV to power up again.
    If I change the Humax to one of the other HDMI ports then the TV always powers up into terrestrial TV and you then have to select the HDMI input using the AV key.

| Fri 18 Oct 2013 13:25:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pitpatjan

Thank you, both. At first I thought the replies were more frightening than the problem! but I re-read both carefully and I think I follow enough for now. I have a Sony Bravia TV and have found the HDMI control settings :o) For now I have turned it off on the TV and shall see how I get on. If it's all under my own control, then that sounds pretty basic - but not fool-proof (oh dear).

What a helpful place. I shall hope to get on OK now but if not, I shall be back.
    Thanks.

| Fri 18 Oct 2013 13:40:11 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.