My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

TSR not working

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnw

I have had a PVR-9300T for over two years now but recently the Time Shift Recording has stopped working and I am unable to pause live TV. The hard disk has 13% free. I've tried updating the software and resetting to factory settings but TSR still does not work.

| Sun 29 Apr 2012 11:10:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Johnw - 1 minute ago  » 
    I have had a PVR-9300T for over two years now but recently the Time Shift Recording has stopped working and I am unable to pause live TV. The hard disk has 13% free. I've tried updating the software and resetting to factory settings but TSR still does not work.

The buffers that are used by time shifting have become corrupt. The easy fix is to format the drive but this will of course delete all your recordings. The alternative is to open the box, connect the drive to a PC and use an undocumented option of humaxrw to fix the problem.

| Sun 29 Apr 2012 11:14:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnw

Martin, Thank you for this. The manual says that I can connect the PVR to a PC by using an RS-232C cable. This seems a lot easier than connecting the hard disk directly or will this not work?

| Sun 29 Apr 2012 16:45:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Johnw - 25 minutes ago  » 
    The manual says that I can connect the PVR to a PC by using an RS-232C cable. This seems a lot easier than connecting the hard disk directly or will this not work?

You can indeed connect it to a PC with a serial cable but this is used almost exclusively for firmware updates and I am pretty certain that humaxrw needs to access the Humax drive as a disk device; I know of no way of doing that via RS-232.

| Sun 29 Apr 2012 17:12:35 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

TSR? I wondered what Terminate and Stay Resident programmes had to do with this.

| Mon 30 Apr 2012 11:42:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katie

Hi Martin, I'm having the same problem as Johnw

The alternative is to open the box, connect the drive to a PC and use an undocumented option of humaxrw to fix the problem.

What is the best way to go about opening up the box and connecting it to my PC then, and what do I then do to fix the problem? I'm not that great technically but I think I could understand if someone explains it to me! I don't really want to have to format and loose all my recordings.

~Katie

| Sun 27 May 2012 20:55:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katie

I can still pause and re-wind live TV by the way, for now! But I'm getting a bit desperate because I do record programmes most days and really rely on my PVR.

| Sun 27 May 2012 21:11:27 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Katie_89 - 38 minutes ago  » 
    I can still pause and re-wind live TV by the way, for now! But I'm getting a bit desperate because I do record programmes most days and really rely on my PVR.

Sorry I am a bit confused. Exactly what is your problem?

| Sun 27 May 2012 21:50:10 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.