My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Tuner 1 and Tuner 2 Signals Dissapeared

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

FredHumax1947

Hi. Having a frustrating time with new HDR 1000S
    At first there were 2 connections showing with only tuner 1 having a signal, then both tuner 1 and tuner 2 had signals, and now neither tuner has a signal and channel search finds no channels.
    The TV separately connected to another LNB output works fine. Changed tuner 1 and tuner 2 connections to 2 spare outputs on the Octal LNB - still no signals. Recorded OK when only tuner 1 had a signal. BBC iPlayer works fine.
    Cables tested for continuity or shorts - no faults found.
    Anybody else had similar problems?

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 17:24:30 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

As mentioned in the FAQ only active tuners are displayed.
    (Starting a recording and changing channel to a different transponder will show both tuners).

No signal on both indicates a signal problem. Try swapping LNB1 with the TV.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 17:31:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

FredHumax1947

Thanks for your reply Repassac.
    Unfortunately the connection to the LNB output the TV uses is not accessible or I would have tried it. (And if I got at it and we lost the TV signal I really would be in the dog house!)

I have swapped the original two LNB connections for two unused ones. Will try and get hold of another Freesat STB to test.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 18:37:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

FredHumax1947

FredHumax1947 - 18 hours ago  » 
    Will try and get hold of another Freesat STB to test.

UPDATE
    Borrowed a Grundig Freesat HD STB and established that there were good signals on both the cables I was using to feed the Humax. Reconnected the Humax and started it and signals now detected on both tuner inputs, so with no change other than being switched off at the wall overnight it seems to be working.

But it was working before it lost both inputs, so will wait and see what happens next.

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 12:45:00 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

One thing I have learnt is to be very careful when fitting the F connectors - even swapping the connections can upset a poorly fitted connected. I am sure that there are those that will agree and those that will not nbt I like a long inner core with a slight kink it ot for better contact.

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 13:28:34 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.