My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Tuner 2 not working

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Maurice32

I bought a Humax Freesat HDR-1000S 1Tb a month ago and have used it very succesfully on a single cable (with of course the limitations that gives). Yesterday I installed a twin high quality cable and although it works fine on Tuner 1, tuner 2 shows no signal (except on very odd occasions) and message ALWAYS shows "freesat box connected with only one cable" (even for the odd occasion when there is a signal shown on strength/quality bars for tuner 2). I have swopped cables at both ends thereby I think ruling out both LNB and cable problems. I strongly suspect that tuner 2 or the input to it on Humax are defective. I have also reconnected my old box to each cable in turn and both are fine. Before I return it (not easy because I live in France) is there anything else I can try?
    I have about 85% Strength and 100% Quality on Tuner 1
    Also unit is very slow to "save channels" on set up (10+mins).
    I have not connected to net due to physical difficulty and in any case broadband signal is very poor.
    I posed these questions to Humax yesterday but no response yet.
    Many Thanks

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 17:43:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You need to do a factory reset to recognise the extra cable. Make a note of your recording schedule first.

To show the second tuner signal you have to force tuner 2 into service by starting a recording. The same applies if you only have 1 cable.

In Diagnostics how many cables does it say you have at the bottom of the screen ?

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 17:51:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Maurice32

Thanks Graham. I now have the facility to watch 1 channel and record another. Signal info now says 2 cables connected and although I got signal info for tuner 2 for a short time it seems to have gone to no signal again.

It's probably something I have not got quite right but I am now HAPPY.

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 18:18:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Maurice32 - 1 hour ago  » 
    ...I got signal info for tuner 2 for a short time it seems to have gone to no signal again...

Tuners only show a signal when they are active, so what you are seeing is normal.

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 19:21:56 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thanks Graham. I now have the facility to watch 1 channel and record another. Signal info now says 2 cables connected and although I got signal info for tuner 2 for a short time it seems to have gone to no signal again.

You could have done that with only 1 cable with some restrictions on the second channel you could record

Humax are cleverer than Sky

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 19:40:49 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 14 seconds ago  » 

You could have done that with only 1 cable with some restrictions on the second channel you could record
    Humax are cleverer than Sky
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

If you press record on whatever channel you are watching, now change channel, have a look at the signal diagnostics. - Aferthought.

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 19:42:16 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.