My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Tuner switches off when select HD channels?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Theives

Hi all, I am hoping somesome can help as i am really at a loss to work out what is wrong with my box or cables or LNAs.

My Freesat HDR-1000/1010S has started playing up in the last couple of weeks. basically SD channels work fine but HD ones don't work at all "The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak".

I have
    1) checked out the tightness of all the cables and replaced a section which had been damaged by too tight a turn radius.
    2) done a factory reset.
    3) checked that the software is up to date. (UKSFAA-2.02.07' UPDATED 04 NOV 2014, MICOM version UKSFAA 8.04.01, Loader UkSFAA 1.08)
    3) Tuned off the power saving option as some posts suggested they could cause problems with tuners being un powered.
    4) swapped the cables over between inputs 1 and 2

Looking at the signal info shows that:
    1) With an SD channel selected both tuners show good signal strength and quality.
    2) With BBC 1, 2 or 3 HD or ITV HD selected Tuner 1 AND 2 both show NO SIGNAL
    3) With BBC 4 selected when it is not transmitting. (not currently available). Both tuner 1 and 2 show good strength and quality.

| Sun 30 Nov 2014 18:41:58 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Duplicate thread closed. The original is here.

| Sun 30 Nov 2014 19:23:07 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.