My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Tuning into a second satellite

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bandleader

I recently purchased a Freesat 1000s for our local theatre in order to show live performing art transmissions via Eutelsat and various events via Freesat on Astra.
    Tuning into Astra is easy enough but could do with some guidance on how to tune to Eutelsat.
    Any help would be appreciated.

| Tue 23 Jul 2013 20:34:15 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If you mean Eutelsat 28A at 28.5E then you would have done this when you tuned to Astra 28.2E. The freesat EPG covers them both.

| Wed 24 Jul 2013 10:38:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bandleader

Sorry my mistake. It is Intelsat 10-02

| Wed 24 Jul 2013 22:13:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bandleader

I received this reply to my question directly to Humax which appears to give me the answer.

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

Please follow the following guide for setting your HDR-1000S up to connecting to a non-Freesat satellite.
    Press the Settings button
    Go to System Settings
    Select STB Mode
    Press OK on Change to non-Freesat mode
    Press the Settings button
    Go to Non Freesat and press OK
    Select Transponder and enter the relevant data, either by User Define or from the list
    Select Next and enter any more information required for the satellite and then Search
    To return to Freesat mode, press the Home button and press OK on Freesat mode.

| Wed 24 Jul 2013 22:18:16 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There is also the small matter of having setting up the dish/second LNB to receive it and a switch.

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 3:22:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

That would be Intelsat 10-02 at 1.0°W ?
    For Freesat you dish is pointed at Astra 2A at 28.2°E. I've not come across (so far) any dual LNB setup that would cover both, so I assume you have a 2nd dish with switch or motorised dish?

| Thu 25 Jul 2013 9:13:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bandleader

Yes a second 1.2mtr dish for the Intelsat 10.02, both dishes duel LNB, leads terminate into four connector wall box.

I rang the technical dept. at Humax and apparently if you are connecting two satellite dishes then the duel input connections on the !000s have to go one to each satellite.

Am still confused by the instructions above from Humax as they seem to be missing the point where you put in the code ( RED,GYBGYB) , and also how to easily switch between the two when needed.

| Fri 26 Jul 2013 4:09:13 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Assuming it's the same as the Foxsat-hdr. You need two diseqc switches each one with a input from each dish. Each switch output connects to one of the HDR-1000s inputs. If you only have one switch then on the Foxsat-HDR it must connect to input 1. The HDR1000 is a bit different to the Foxsat as it contains an internal link for single cable working. How this affects diseqc on this box not a clue.

Does anyone know for certain that the current firmware for the hdr1000/1010s now supports diseqc. I seem to remember it was one of the coming soon extras at launch ?

I don't remember any firmware upgrades mentioning diseqc.

| Fri 26 Jul 2013 8:11:24 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

bandleader - 3 hours ago  » 
    ................ Am still confused by the instructions above from Humax as they seem to be missing the point where you put in the code ( RED,GYBGYB) , and also how to easily switch between the two when needed.

I think if you have a DiSEqC switch it is said to be seen on Factory Reset.

There is not currently anything of interest in the antenna menu (that I see anyway) - just a single item "Fixed". Switch to non-freesat and move to where you would select the transponder and input the secret code, Humax have said they plan to add unicable support here in the future, so perhaps other options as well like the Foxsat.

I would suggest you connect it up as Humax suggested and then do a factory reset and watch for any messages. I also suggest the 28.2/5E connection goes to LNB1.

Edit: See Graham got in before me.
    Graham, I think one of Barry's early posts on HDR-1000S mentioned that DiSEqC would be seen on install (it is a while back now). However this is the first time I have seen anyone trying a multi-sat setup.

| Fri 26 Jul 2013 8:24:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonygamble

Has any progress been made yet?

I replaced my old (dead) Humax with the HRR 1000S this morning.

I cannot get it to recognise Hotbird and some nominated transponders.

I live in a flat serviced by a pair of communal satellite aerials. The old Humax needed me to identify the Hotbird on a hidden menu (accessed by the sequence of colour buttons) and I associated it with Diseqc B as the communal system has one of these dish switching systems.

At one stage this morning I seemed to get a signal from the Hotbird dish but I never collected any channels. Now I cannot even see a signal.

I could not see diseqc on the install or when I re-installed. This is a real pain if the new machine cannot address the second dish in the same way that my old one did.

Tony

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 15:22:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.