My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

turning it's self on

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jothebest

Really not very happy with this humax aura box, we have not had it very long, 2 issues with it - it keeps losing its wifi connection which isnt the end of the world but the biggest issue is it keeps turning it's self on & also turning the TV on at the same time. Im just worried when we go on a 2 week holiday the box & TV will be on day & night or does it turn it's self off again. Any answers would be appriciated thanks

| Mon 23 Oct 2023 9:14:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

TIM-SUE

this problem has been spoken about before.
    the cause lies with the Aura box and the cure is to fit a LINDY 41232 HDMI CEC Less Adapter Type A to the Aura output, this will block control over the TV and stop it being switched on by the Humax. the box itself has an option to turn off after a set period of non activity. the adaptors cost about £10 from amazon.

| Mon 23 Oct 2023 13:56:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jothebest

I have ordered the Lindy adapter thing but worried as the Humax aura only has 1 HDMI port Which the TV is already plugged into it. Sorry to be a bit thick but I'm 71 & not very good at techno things

| Mon 23 Oct 2023 16:36:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

TIM-SUE

you just plug the adaptor into the Humax HDMI socket and plug your HDMI cable into the back of the adaptor,

| Mon 23 Oct 2023 17:29:02 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.