My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

TV is turning Humax on, though I've told it not to

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

I'm sporadically seeing issues where turning my TV on will bring the Aura out of standby. I previously had turned HDMI-CEC off on the Humax and I checked this is still the case.

Is there some other setting I need to look at on Aura/TV is this perhaps a known bug I should live with?

Thanks

| Tue 25 Oct 2022 17:41:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I've had similar problems with a different model (5000T). My tv doesn't even have CEC but sometimes tv on causes Humax on. Never got to the bottom of the problem and I suspect you won't with the Aura. Probably best to live with it.

| Fri 28 Oct 2022 15:22:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Thanks Phil. I've seen a couple of similar things like when I turn the Auro on, sometimes it comes on for ~10s (Live TV is shown, blue LED), then turns off (red LED) for a couple of moments, then turns back on.

I can live with this as long as the Humax does not turn the TV on. I think that works fine, it's important because initially when using the app to stream off the Aura it was causing the TV to turn on and startle people!

I am partly wondering if my remote(s) are part of the issue. I very deliberately didn't do the remote setup to let it control my TV as I wanted 2 separate remotes while I got used to the system, but some controls on my TV/Aura remote still seem to be cross-compatible anyway.

Minor issues and I won't put too much time into it beyond the obvious things. Could be a simple firmware bug.
    I know people are cynical about new firmware but is there an official place to lodge such bugs?

| Fri 28 Oct 2022 15:28:42 #3 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I too, have CEC switched off and have also not set up the remote. When the Aura is in standby recording, if I bring it out of standby it will switch on my Sony TV. So I normally just put the TV on first, then the Aura. Strangely, even though the remote is not set up I can control Volume and Mute on my Marantz NR-1711 AV Amp. Curiously, if I set the Aura Audio Output to 'Home Cinema via HDMI up to 7.1ch', then I cannot control Volume and Mute. Control only works with 'Optical or HDMI ARC up to 5.1ch'. I only connect the Aura -> AV -> TV by HDMI cables.

| Sat 29 Oct 2022 12:23:57 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.