My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

TV switching itself off !!

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anoectangium

HumaxHDR 2000T
    Hello to everyone I have this “little problem” which I have been experiencing for some weeks now. This is the situation, The television is on and for no apparent reason it switches itself- off to blank screen !!! The source is set to tv and not to HDMI (which connects the Humax). The only way to avoid this annoyance is to disconnect the aerial from the Humax and connect to the television. I am at a loss as to how to fix this problem. Any advice that you can give me will be very welcome.

| Wed 24 Jul 2019 21:04:02 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

Firstly, disconnect the HDMI cable and see if it still does it. If so, look for CEC on the TV and turn it off. CEC is one name for control of the TV from the HDMI input. It is called other names depending on the make of TV.
    Also worth checking would be to see if the TV has some sort of auto off that switches it off after (say) two hours of no remote control input.

When you say 'switches off to a blank screen', do you mean it really switches right off or you just lose the picture and/or sound?

Another fix might be instead of feeding the TV via the Humax, use a passive two way splitter instead. In fact just thought that this might be the problem if the Humax goes into deep sleep mode and switches off the aerial feed through. To prevent this switch off the power saving standby mode.

| Wed 24 Jul 2019 22:46:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

Probably the Humax has auto standby activated if you have to connect the aerial lead into the TV to get over the problem.

| Thu 25 Jul 2019 20:57:52 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.