My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

tvi fault

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidm7cay

:
    Hi, not sure if anyone can help me, I use 2m/70cm armature bands on a CRT Micron Radio, but the last few weeks I have been causing TVI to a single tv in the house that is connected to a Humax DVR Recorder. We have 2 tv's off a single roof antenna. I have tried a high pass filter and that did nothing so was wondering if there wan any other. filters specific to 2m/70cm bands, one other thing I have tried are Ferrite Rings on the coax at back of tv and the mains supply's and that did not work, We have also not long had a 4g and 5g filter fitted outside to our roof tv antenna as was told where we live is prone to 4g and 5g interference so not sure if that may be the problem. the armature antenna I use is a Dimond X510N Thank you

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 5:12:48 #1 |
  2. Fixdit

Fixdit

Some years ago we had a problem with a radio ham who used the 2m band. Bearing in mind this was an older tv, it turned out that the tuning circuitry in the TV was to blame, the interconnecting loom to the channel selector was picking up the 2m signal.
    Is anybody else affected? Do you have a satellite dish?

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 11:59:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidm7cay

Hi Fixdit thank you for the comment, none else is effected by it but in our house we have 2 tv's one connected to a Humax DVR box and one connected to the freeview built in the tv the only tv that's affected is the one connected to the Humax DVR Box

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 12:28:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davidm7cay - 13 mins ago  » 
    in our house we have 2 tv's one connected to a Humax DVR box and one connected to the freeview built in the tv the only tv that's affected is the one connected to the Humax DVR Box

Please could you tell us which model of Humax PVR you have and what are the symptoms you are seeing?

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 12:43:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidm7cay

TV picture goes off or it Pixelates. Humax model is HDR-2000T

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 13:07:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davidm7cay - 3 hours ago  » 
    TV picture goes off or it Pixelates. Humax model is HDR-2000T

If you use the menus on the Humax what is the reported signal strength and quality when the picture is poor?

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 16:10:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidm7cay

When I use my amateur radio the signal on Humax box drops down and down until it says 0% on signal and quality but as soon as i stop using the radio the signal and quality goes back up

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 16:20:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davidm7cay - 8 mins ago  » 
    When I use my amateur radio the signal on Humax box drops down and down until it says 0% on signal and quality but as soon as i stop using the radio the signal and quality goes back up

OK that is pretty conclusive. Is the aerial cable for the radio close to the aerial feed for the Humax? Are both cables well screened?

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 16:33:19 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

davidm7cay

No They are quite far apart as radio is upstairs and huumax is downstairs so cables never touch each other. i have used my radios for about a year now with out problems until recently also my radio coax is well shielded and I believe tv coax is as well but hard to tell as its a pre made cable

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 16:40:23 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davidm7cay - 32 mins ago  » 
    No They are quite far apart as radio is upstairs and huumax is downstairs so cables never touch each other. i have used my radios for about a year now with out problems until recently also my radio coax is well shielded and I believe tv coax is as well but hard to tell as its a pre made cable

OK, this outside of my knowledge; you could try posting the problem over at https://hummy.tv if you don't get answers here.

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 17:16:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.