My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Tweaks for next Software Update?

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

woka77

here is my tweaks for the next software update for the Humax HDR 1000/1010s

> Recording in planner need to show Date - Time - no# Episodes
    > Using the colour buttons (blue) on the remote to navigate straight to your favourites
    > The option to record from the on demand players straight to HDD
    > Add movies to the recording planner
    > Using the colour buttons to delete,keep,copy recordings on highlighted programs in planner
    > HD section in lists
    > Option to turn on/off commands which pop up on screen i.e (watch in HD) (record series)
    > Remove the shadow on the screen from the channel bar when pressing OK button
    > make a better itv demand player
    > colour code programs in Red in the tv guide if they are recording or planned

If you can think of anymore tweaks for the next possible update please add them and i will send a link to Freesat & humax team to give them our view

| Thu 16 Jan 2014 20:19:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

If you actually achieve all of that then rush out and buy a lottery ticket as your having exceedingly good luck.

| Fri 17 Jan 2014 9:37:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

anfield cabinet

When in non-Freesat mode, restore the ability to manually enter a symbol rate when adding a transponder. You can't select or enter an SR of 23000, so certain transponders cannot be scanned. It means you can't store channels such as STV HD at 10.936V for example.

| Sat 18 Jan 2014 0:12:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JungleMartin

It would be great if Humax and/or Freesat could give us access to a publicly-accessible Feature Request and/or bug-tracking system (e.g. a website).

Duplicate bugs or duplicate requested-features could be merged, official responses and statuses could be given (e.g. 'this is intended behaviour' or status:fix-in-progress). This system could be checked by us users before we submit a request/bug so that we could save the time and effort of submitting if somebody else has already done so. We could add a '+1' to the request/bug to indicate that we, the individual user, would also like to see that request actioned or bug fixed. That would give Humax/Freesat an additional source of info with which to make informed decisions when prioritising which areas to work on first.

I think this would be a win-win for everyone as it would save duplication of effort by both suppliers and users, better visibility of forthcoming features/fixes for users, less complaining as we'd be able to see that fixes were in the pipeline, and a valuable information resource for Humax/Freesat as they'd be able to see in which areas they could make the best gains in customer satisfaction, with consequent benefit to repeat business and future sales.

What does everyone else think?

Or does something like this exist already?

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 18:47:39 #4 |
  5. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

I like that idea, but I don't think humax will act on it which is a shame.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 19:43:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JungleMartin

chrisdaniels - 32 minutes ago  » 
    I like that idea, but I don't think humax will act on it which is a shame.

Maybe you're right Chris, but putting that to one side for a moment, let's play devil's advocate. Why wouldn't they? Ok, perhaps they would be concerned it would create more work for them. But on the other hand, there would be benefits too - it would lead to a better product.

In fact, as a long-time IT professional myself, and having used exactly these type of systems which are commonplace in IT (e.g. the Linux bug tracker) I would expect (or hope!) Humax and/or Freesat to have some sort of feature request and bug tracking system in place already internally, and possibly shared between the two organisations.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 20:22:48 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's not Humax you need to convince. The UI is down to Freesat, Humax merely implement what they are asked to provide.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 20:30:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

This proposal is not new. Shortly after launch Oct 2012 several users on the official Freesat forum put together just such a list and asked Freesat to adopt it. It was completely ignored.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 20:54:09 #8 |
  9. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

I think the fear is that you are giving your competitors a free "To Do" list... In an industry as competitive as this, I think they would all see it as too much of a risk. Unless they were truly truly confident they could keep ahead of everyone else, why would they risk it in public..

They'll keep all the bug trackers for internal eyes only.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 21:10:05 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

chrisdaniels - 1 hour ago  » 
    I think the fear is that you are giving your competitors a free "To Do" list... In an industry as competitive as this, I think they would all see it as too much of a risk. Unless they were truly truly confident they could keep ahead of everyone else, why would they risk it in public..
    They'll keep all the bug trackers for internal eyes only.

competitors ?

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 22:42:38 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.