My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Tweaks for next Software Update?

(16 posts)
  1. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

What, there is only one manufacturer of settop boxes for freesat and freeview? Lol

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 22:52:04 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

chrisdaniels - 8 minutes ago  » 
    What, there is only one manufacturer of settop boxes for freesat and freeview? Lol

So far there is only 1 maker of the 2nd generation (G2) <freetime> boxes. Bit like the Youview boxes which do have two makers, the UI is designed by Alan Sugars Youview lot and is essentially the same whoever made them.

This thread is not about the older first generation boxes like the Foxsat-hdr.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 23:04:12 #12 |
  3. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Sorry my comment was more about the industry as a whole, not freetime in particular, but the point remains.
    Other manufacturers will want to offer an alternative to freetime that has the same feature set as much as possible, so a list of bugs and feature requests in a nice tracker format for one manufacturer gives all the others a "heads up" on what they need to work on/get right without a massive amount of r&d.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 23:36:29 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JungleMartin

Sounds like we might have to settle for reporting things to the official tech support then. (Who is that? Humax or Freesat/freetime?) For problems/bugs, we can ask for a case/ticket/reference number and then I presume there would be no objection to sharing it on this forum. That way we can reference a fellow user's existing case/ticket/reference number when reporting the same problem. One would hope that 'they' (whoever they are) would marry these up at their end so they can see where the biggest problem/demand areas are.

For feature requests we could ask for confirmation that the suggestion has been passed to the relevant person/team before agreeing that the case/ticket can be closed.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 15:51:36 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

You could try here...
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/
    ...good luck.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 17:38:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

woka77

i sent freest_tv a tweet

woka77: hi @freesat_tv could you please check out this link & pass it on to the freest team thx http://t.co/h4Md0uH8Y6

freesat_tv: @woka77 Hi Karl, thanks for your feedback, I've passed it on to the appropriate people.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 17:56:04 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.