My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Two HDR Fox T2 in One Room

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

I've had two Fox T2's in one room since they were new. I changed the frequency of one of the remote controls successfully using Barry's method at the time of purchase (copy and pasted below). I managed to acquire two of the last brand new genuine Humax RM-F04 remote controls some months ago from ebay and I've just got around to trying to commission them. I just cannot get either of them to pair with either of the Fox T2 boxes - the PVR light lights up continuously as described in the procedure but I cannot get the menu to appearon screen. As part of my trouble shooting I have tried to pair one of the old remotes with the same result, no menu. I have been following Barry's procedure exactly. What am I missing? Can anyone help please?

'Multi Code function HD/HDR remote

If you are using more than one receiver in the same location you can change the remote control coding so that the remote control commands do not conflict.

(This is only relevant to the Foxsat HD, HDR, HDCI 5000, HDR 1000/1010/1100S, HB1000/1100S, FVP-4000T/5000T, HD/HDR Fox T2 freeview HD products, incl the HDR 1800/2000T)

1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
    2. Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
    3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
    4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for approx 5-10 seconds until the PVR button on the remote stays red.
    5. A message will appear on the TV screen:

"You can change the remote control mode.
    Press a Numeric Key (<1> ~ <6>) to select the mode
    Current mode: Mode 1."

6. Press a NUMERIC button (from 1 to 6) to select a different mode.
    7. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen. '

| Fri 10 Nov 2023 19:07:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Now when you say "Genuine" Humax RM-F04 are you sure, I say this because there are several sellers on eBay which have clones of the RM-F04. Some even have Humax printed on the case.

I also run 2 Fox T2's in the same room, and like you set the remotes to different channels. A few months ago one of the remotes no longer responded to a contacts clean up, so I started checking various eBay sellers. Only one mentioned that the select channel option was not available on this remote. Since I still had one original remote which could be changed I purchased one of these clones. It works fine on all functions but is fixed on channel 1.

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 18:08:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

Thanks for your response fedman. I have just made it work!It was a combination of 8o year old finger trouble and low batteries.

The new remotes were purchased as genuine items after I saw a post either on here or the other forum saying that those available were the last genuine items. These HDR T2's have been great except for laggardly sub titles on non-Hd channels. If they last another 10 years they'll probably see me out!!.....Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 19:56:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Glad you got the problem sorted, I know the feeling well. I'm not far behind you in years and agree the HDR T2's have been really reliable devices. You were lucky in securing the last couple of genuine remotes.
    Best regards,
    Les

| Sat 11 Nov 2023 23:09:07 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.