My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

UKTVPlay

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Does anyone have any insight into when UKTVPlay catch up app will be available on the 4000T, now that it is part of the Freeview Play standard ?

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 1:32:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Just use the app on either an Android phone/tablet iphone/ipad or Amazon Fire and cast the programmes direct to your TV, or use a chromecast or similar if you don't have a smart TV - much simpler and more convenient than bothering with a PVR.

I never use the apps on my Humax HDR 1000s for things like this when the apps on other devices such as phones etc. are more convenient and often work better.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 13:53:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I always use the apps on my 4000T and I must say I have had no problem at all with mine. As for my old Android jelly bean phone well that's very slow. My Humax is even better than my new laptop that intends to buffer a bit sometimes, I have tried different laptops but its the broadband people say. I cant say about Amazon fire although I have heard they are good, I have not tried any other devices so I cant say about those. Although We do have a Youview box and that's works great too.
    But with the Humax 4000T I get no buffering at all.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 20:21:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

bill63 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I always use the apps on my 4000T and I must say I have had no problem at all with mine. As for my old Android jelly bean phone well that's very slow. My Humax is even better than my new laptop that intends to buffer a bit sometimes, I have tried different laptops but its the broadband people say. I cant say about Amazon fire although I have heard they are good, I have not tried any other devices so I cant say about those. Although We do have a Youview box and that's works great too.
    But with the Humax 4000T I get no buffering at all.

Your phone is only a means of actually accessing the programme you want via the app. If you have a something like a chromecast device that actually takes over and plays it on the TV not your phone. I daresay the apps on our 1000s will work okay but that means switching it on waiting for it to boot etc. etc. when it's much more convenient to have a smartphone in your hand, select the programme press cast and that's it you're instantly watching it on the big screen.

Add to that the amount of apps we can do this with are enormous compared to the PVR.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 21:39:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Faust, I would not want to buy things like chromecast or Amazon fire at present, when I have got all apps I need on my BT Youview box. I got UKTV play, Quest on demand, Netflix, Now TV plus the normal IPlayer and the rest, plus you don't have to subscribe to BT ether although I have BT broadband.
    I only use these apps on the Youview box if I have I have missed a programme or its one on catch up only.
    I don't subscribe to Now TV or Netflix nor do I want to.
    It only takes a few seconds to switch on a PVR and start watching, plus with the Youview box you can record two programmes while watching something from IPlayer or catch up from UKTV play or from the hard drive. But with the Humax 4000T you cant record 3 programmes at once plus watch what you have recorded or one of the apps.
    But if your one of these people who are on the move all the time like working away, A good phone or tablet or fire stick is a great option I suppose.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 11:02:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

bill63 - 46 minutes ago  » But with the Humax 4000T you cant record 3 programmes at once plus watch what you have recorded or one of the apps.

I thought that was one of the 400T's selling points was that you could.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 11:52:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

Luke - 25 minutes ago  » 

bill63 - 46 minutes ago  » But with the Humax 4000T you cant record 3 programmes at once plus watch what you have recorded or one of the apps.

I thought that was one of the 400T's selling points was that you could.

You're right Luke, you can. It's the main reason I bought the 4000T, and it can record 4 things at once.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 12:19:15 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Record 4 watch a 5th - mux dependant as per FAQ which was published before the unit was available to the masses.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 12:24:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Luddym, I though the Humax 4000T could only record 3 programmes at once, because its got 3 tuners. But I will try it later.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 12:26:17 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Yes your right just tried it, my 4000T can record 3 HD or 4 standard channels at once.
    Thanks Barry for putting up the info.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 12:53:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.