My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Unable to carry out 'Freesat Tune'.

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick Hill

My Humax Foxsat-HDR will no longer carry out a 'Freesat Tune'. It spends nearly half an hour searching for a satellite signal and then tells me that it cannot detect one. However, if I carry out a 'Manual Tune' it will store about 700 channels and the transponders are all at very good strength & quality (over 90% for most and 100% for many). I have installed the latest software, U7.54, and carried out a factory re-set with no success.

I can receive all of the standard UK channels plus many more but not BBC1 HD or BBC HD while still being able to receive several other HD channels. The most annoying thing is that I cannot receive the Electronic Programme Guide beyond the next programme and cannot record any programmes in advance.

Anyone got any ideas what is wrong?

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 23:39:05 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

U7.54 is a loader version. The application version should be 1.00.21.

You have done a manual tune and your foxsat is in Non-Freesat mode (which only uses now and next data).
    In settings you need to change the STB mode to "Freesat" or carry out a factory reset (which might be the best course of action in your case).

Your Foxsat needs to get a signal from 11428 H - see manual page GB72 and read 1 and especially 2.

Check the software version, do a factory reset - do you still have problems with finding the freesat transponder? If you do, try a manual tune on the freesat transponder frequency and report the signal quality.

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 9:13:17 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Using manual tune select transponder 11427 H 27500 2/3. If low signal quality that is the most likely cause of the problem. (Freesat Home Transponder). Your dish may have moved slightly (Most channels come from 28.2E, the Freesat home transponder is at 28.5E).

Check for BBC-HD channels

Open the manual tune menu

Change the transponder from all, go down one and back up to the transponder entry and click OK.

Press up twice and OK on User Define

Enter and save the following data

Frequency 10847, Polarisation Vertical, Symbol Rate 23000, Transmission DVB-S2, Modulation QPSK, FEC 8/9.

Scan the transpondsr you just added, you should find both the BBC-HD channels.

Note this data will change 27th September.

Modulation becomes 8PSK and FEC 2/3

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 9:13:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick Hill

REPASSAC

Loader version is U7.54, application version is 1.00.21. 11248 H was being received at over 90% strength & quality. When I changed STB to "Freesat", it started the satellite search all over again with no result. Factory reset did not cure the problem.

graham

Many thanks, all carried out and system now working correctly. Thanks again.

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 10:46:14 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rick Hill - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Many thanks, all carried out and system now working correctly. Thanks again.

Does that mean you have now been able to input your postcode and Freesat mode is working correctly ?. My post only contained details of what to check, not how to fix other than checking for the home transponder reception.

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 10:52:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick Hill

Yes, Graham, I manually entered that transponder information you gave me and searched for it. I then carried out a "Freesat tune" and it found the transponder this time. It also recognised my postcode, which it wouldn't do before. I now have all of the Freesat channels working correctly with a 7 day EPG. I also tried changing the STB back and forth and I can view all Freesat and non-Freesat channels. Thanks once again.

P.S. Am I likely to lose Freesat on 27 September if I don't enter the new MOD & FEC data?

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 12:02:43 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rick Hill - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, Graham, I manually entered that transponder information you gave me and searched for it. I then carried out a "Freesat tune" and it found the transponder this time. It also recognised my postcode, which it wouldn't do before. I now have all of the Freesat channels working correctly with a 7 day EPG. I also tried changing the STB back and forth and I can view all Freesat and non-Freesat channels. Thanks once again.
    P.S. Am I likely to lose Freesat on 27 September if I don't enter the new MOD & FEC data?

No provided you leave the box in sby overnight the change should be automatic. The non-freesat versions won't work though, so you will have to delete and rescan again. After the freesat update the standard transponder entry in manual tune should work as the database should have been updated.

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 12:08:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick Hill

Thanks for that and I will see what I have available on 28 September.

Something obviously became corrupted but I don't know why. If you're interested, the background information is:

Prior to Friday, I was using Loader Version U7.52 and Application Version 1.00.21. Freesat had been working perfectly but I decided to carry out a 'Freesat Tune' to see if any extra channels were available. That is when it all went wrong. The 'Freesat Tune' started a half hour search for the satellite with a message at the end saying it could not be found. My postcode was also not recognised. The 'Manual Tune' was fine, though, with strong transponder strengths & qualities and numerous non-Freesat channels found. Each time I changed the STB from non-Freesat to Freesat, it started the satellite search again with no luck.

I tried a factory re-set on several occasions but the endless satellite search continued with no Freesat found. I then updated the Loader Version to U7.54 and carried out a further factory re-set. Once again, the 'Freesat Tune' had the same effect.

After user defining the transponder information that you gave me, everything now seems to be working well, both Freesat and non-Freesat.

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 12:32:54 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Very strange - no idea what went wrong or why what you did fixed it. Any suggestions anyone ?

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 12:44:00 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick Hill

More strange quirks-

I completely lost BBC1 HD and BBC HD again today (27 September). However, I carried out a 'Freesat Tune', which worked this time, and have now recovered them again.

| Thu 27 Sep 2012 23:55:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.