My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Unable to carry out 'Freesat Tune'.

(40 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rick Hill - 8 hours ago  » 
    More strange quirks-
    I completely lost BBC1 HD and BBC HD again today (27 September). However, I carried out a 'Freesat Tune', which worked this time, and have now recovered them again.

The BBC changed some parameters see this thread and the link in the last posting.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/bbc-hd-1n-transponder-changing-modulation-mode

If your Foxsat was left in sby overnight it should have picked up the changes automatically. Mine did.

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 8:48:19 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick Hill

Thanks for the link, Graham. My set does stay in standby all the time when not in use!

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 11:22:22 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Yeah, really wish I'd known about the BBC HD channel shift before I spent hours painstakingly rearranging the non-Freesat EPG to be as close to identical to the regular Freesat one as possible...

| Sun 30 Sep 2012 0:37:35 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bestie

Graham and Rick

I had been tearing out what little hair I had left after the 27th - a perfectly good Humax box refused to update, Freesat search, or take my postcode. Found this site and just followed your directions to the letter Graham and, like Rick, followed it up with a Freesat search and all is now sweetness and light.

I am away from home all the time and just don't have the time to spend hanging on the end of a phone with manufacturers etc. So I just wanted to thank you.

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 1:29:50 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bestie - 8 hours ago  » 
    Graham and Rick
    I had been tearing out what little hair I had left after the 27th - a perfectly good Humax box refused to update, Freesat search, or take my postcode. Found this site and just followed your directions to the letter Graham and, like Rick, followed it up with a Freesat search and all is now sweetness and light.
    I am away from home all the time and just don't have the time to spend hanging on the end of a phone with manufacturers etc. So I just wanted to thank you.

Thanks for your kind words and welcome to the forum

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 9:51:39 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Bestie - 2 days ago  » I am away from home all the time and just don't have the time to spend hanging on the end of a phone with manufacturers etc. So I just wanted to thank you.

Since the rise of the internet age proper I barely ever call any customer support line, even if it's free. Most times if you have a problem it's already been discussed and solved on some forum somewhere, which judicious use of Google will reveal! Beats listening to hold music... while browsing for the solution I can just crank up whatever I want!

| Tue 23 Oct 2012 0:48:09 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonslo

Hello all. Having similar problems to what others had on this topic. Thought instead of starting another I'd just post here.

Here's a run down of my box's details;

Software version: 1.00.21
    Loader version: U 7.54
    freesat 28.2E

Basically what's happening is that when Freesat tuning it just constantly tries to search for a signal but never finds anything. When manual tuning it finds nothing either. And it doesn't show the 11427 H 27500 2/3 transponder when I search through them.

Any ideas?

I get the general feeling it just can't find any sort of signal despite having a sky dish. Also just to point out the sky dish is connected to a digital TV in another room and that seems find.

Thanks for reading.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 15:22:51 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jonslo - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Hello all. Having similar problems to what others had on this topic. Thought instead of starting another I'd just post here.
    freesat 28.2E
    Basically what's happening is that when Freesat tuning it just constantly tries to search for a signal but never finds anything. When manual tuning it finds nothing either. And it doesn't show the 11427 H 27500 2/3 transponder when I search through them.
    Any ideas?
    I get the general feeling it just can't find any sort of signal despite having a sky dish. Also just to point out the sky dish is connected to a digital TV in another room and that seems find.
    Thanks for reading.

Hi and welcome, due to rounding the freesat home transponder database say it might say 11426 11427 or 11428 H. It's the same transponder can you post signal strength and quality.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 15:43:25 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 15 seconds ago  » 

jonslo - 12 minutes ago  » 
    freesat 28.2E
    Any ideas?
    Thanks for reading.

Hi and welcome, due to rounding the freesat home transponder database say it might say 11426 11427 or 11428 H. It's the same transponder can you post signal strength and quality.

Unless the TV has a satellite tuner it won't be connected to the dish at all.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 15:44:25 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonslo

Thanks for the response Gratham. Currently there is no signal strengh at all, pretty sure this wasn't always the case.
    I had a look at the 2 LNB connections. One of the cables is in the LNB 1 OUT and one's in the LNB 2 IN. Is this right?

Oh and I did a factory reset too.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 16:16:18 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.