My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Unable to carry out 'Freesat Tune'.

(40 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jonslo - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the response Gratham. Currently there is no signal strengh at all, pretty sure this wasn't always the case.
    I had a look at the 2 LNB connections. One of the cables is in the LNB 1 OUT and one's in the LNB 2 IN. Is this right?
    Oh and I did a factory reset too.

That's the problem No feed to tuner 1.

With the power off move the one from the centre terminal to the vacant outer one. Power up and do a factory reset, you should get a 2 cables found message during the re-install.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 16:29:31 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonslo

That was indeed the problem, thanks a lot Graham! Starting to think I should have noticed before hand

Oh well at least this may be of use to people with problems in the future.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 17:01:30 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shelly

Hello everyone, I am new this forum and must already apologize for the lack of any technical knowledge regarding this subject.

My Humax Foxsat HDR cannot find any channels using Freesat Tune. My satellite dish is lined up correctly with Astra 28.2e satellite and the strength is excellent. When I do a manual tune however I receive lots of German channels (no English ones) but in the top of the TV it confirms I am connnected to 28.2E satellite (which should give me UK channels).

When I try entering my postcode which I know is correct, I get the message "invalid poscode".

I tried to do a software update but there are no software updates available.

My friend who connected everything for me is very experienced with this kind of thing but he is totally perplexed.

Any suggestions as he is coming back later in the week. And sorry if I have not explained my problem correctly.

Thanks.

Shelly

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 17:12:58 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum

Your dish is not pointing at 28.2E (there are no German channels from 28.2E. It's most likely on 19.2E.

Do you recognise any of the free to air channels in this list

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=19.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

You can get a line of sight to 28.2E using this website

http://www.dishpointer.com/

Enter your postcode and choose 28.2E. Zoom in the map and drag the pointer to your dish locator. It will give you a line and elevation required. My dish aligns exactly on the end of a neighbours roof line (though the elevation is much higher).

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 17:32:52 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shelly

Hi Graham,

This would seem to be the case as I recognise all of these channels. However, when I look at the Manual Tune table on my TV, under Satellite it states Freesat 28.2E.

Also my friend, Dave, has a satellite finder which he connects to the LNB on the dish, and it confirms it is pointing at 28.2 with excellent strength.

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 17:41:55 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The box doesn't recognise the satellite(s) it's pointing at. All it is doing is telling you it is using the transponder data for 28.2E. Your friends satellite finder will not be able to identify the orbital point either unless it's a very very expensive professional meter. 19.2E will likely have some transponders with the same parameters as 28.2E.

Did you see the Dishpointer edit I added later.

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 17:55:15 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 13 seconds ago  » 
    The box doesn't recognise the satellite(s) it's pointing at. All it is doing is telling you it is using the transponder data for 28.2E. Your friends satellite finder will not be able to identify the orbital point either unless it's a very very expensive professional meter. 19.2E will likely have some transponders with the same parameters as 28.2E.
    Did you see the Dishpointer edit I added later.

Your dish needs to move a little further East, It's very common to mistakingly align on 19.2E as it's very strong in the UK.

In fact an old sky dish used for the Sky analogue services will have been on 19.2E.

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 17:57:22 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shelly

I've just checked the dishpointer site and have saved all the details I need but unfortunately I will have to wait for my friend to return as I really have no idea what I have to do next.

Thank you for your help up to now.

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 18:04:35 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Shelly - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've just checked the dishpointer site and have saved all the details I need but unfortunately I will have to wait for my friend to return as I really have no idea what I have to do next.
    Thank you for your help up to now.

You are welcome. In the mean time this guide to DIY dish alignment may help.

You may be confused, but caravanners have to frequently set up a dish, like most things a little practice makes it a lot easier.

http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/freesatmain.htm

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 19:19:45 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shelly

You have been a huge help Graham and I am particularly grateful for all your help, particularly on a Sunday. I will certainly take a look at the guide for setting up satellites for caravans.

And you never know, I may even give it a go myself! You are never too old to learn, right?

Thanks again, and have a nice evening.

| Sun 16 Aug 2015 19:40:19 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.