My Humax Forum » Forum Site » Site Issues / Problems

Unable to Login Using Firefox

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

After having some issues with IE11 yesterday I installed the latest version of Firefox (27.0.1) on new laptop (Win 7 64). All was fine. This morning I can't logon the browser seems to be stuck in some sort of logon loop.

Any ideas gratefully received

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 10:23:34 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No help really, posting this using exactly browser, obviously I have logged in ok.

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 12:46:19 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 56 seconds ago  » 
    No help really, posting this using exactly browser, obviously I have logged in ok.

Baffled, tried clearing the cache etc. When I enter login details I just get returned to index screen. Which OS Barry ?

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 12:48:52 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Win 7 64 Graham.

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 12:56:26 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Win 7 64 Graham.

Even more baffling, no problems with other sites that do give me problems with IE11.

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 13:05:37 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Just tried with FF 27.0.1 - All OK.
    It might be a glitch downloading some JavaScript - try a F5.

Also get problems with IE11 (F12 and setting site to IE10 mode (document mode and U.A. string) (lowest icon) solves any problems for me)

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 14:22:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

No problem logging on with Win7 64 and FF 27.01 here.

I don't use IE, but did start it and found out it was version 11, must have been one of the many updates/patches.

One thing I do remember from mickysoft's IE a few years ago is there's a tab in the settings internet options connections somewhere that can alter the dns, proxy etc and really mucks up the network connectivity. These settings stay even with IE removal and FF will use them, but from recollection command line doesn't. Some companies will use an automatic script to update these entries and it's easily overlooked later.

The other file to check would be windows, system32, drivers, etc, hosts.

** just had something strange happen, started IE11 again to check where the settings were and DNS stopped working, checked router which was fine, but FF, IE and command line wouldn't resolve anything, IE11 was asking if I wanted to enable/disable something for AMD devices, clicked disable, restarted and after a couple of minutes everything is fine. mickysoft strikes again **

If you haven't already, also try restarting IE11 a couple of times and wait a bit for it to do whatever it does in the background, it looks as if it's trying to be too clever again with something.

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 14:49:28 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just tried with FF 27.0.1 - All OK.
    It might be a glitch downloading some JavaScript - try a F5.
    Also get problems with IE11 (F12 and setting site to IE10 mode (document mode and U.A. string) (lowest icon) solves any problems for me)

Tried F5 - no luck. Re IE11 tried the fix didn't work if I understood correctly. According to the info changes made here are only kept for current session.

| Mon 10 Mar 2014 15:27:29 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Being playing some more, noticed the small login box on the Guest login on the index page doesn't appear to have a working hypertext link. The cursor doesn't change to the usual hand icon. Not sure if this helps anyone figure out the problem.

| Tue 11 Mar 2014 10:33:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Graham, is that with IE11 and/or FF 27.01

you're logging on from elsewhere so the problem clearly isn't with the site (it's also clearly working for the rest of us), it's happening, I assume, on both IE and FF so it's not a core problem with IE and FF, it's something that's been added to your machine affecting both.

I assume you're logging in using the same router/network on a different device so it's not a compromised router issue?

Did you check the proxy settings and host file? With the information you've given us it seems to be affecting only the Win7-64 machine. This is the sort of thing I'd expect to see with cross site scripting, malware etc. Do you have any programs (programs and features) that you don't recognise. What have you installed over the last couple of days.

A lot of the software, downloaded from reputable places, comes with an option to enhance my browsing experience, speed up searches, protect me etc. etc. All rubbish and all pretty difficult to untick on installation. I had this recently trying to find something quicker than handbrake, which I couldn't and ended up with a fair bit of rubbish on my system.

If it were my machine, after checking the above (proxy,hosts,programs,task-manager,services,start-up,run-once in registry, etc), I'd be running spybot search and destroy, followed by a proper anti-virus scan.

good luck with it, I can only imagine the machine has been compromised

| Tue 11 Mar 2014 16:19:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.