My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Unable to playback and record on Aura.

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nd2009

Hi All.
    I recently purchased an Aura but am having a problem and wonder if any other users have had similar issues.
    I am unable to record and playback the same program, with a delay.
    Example: If I start recording a program at 10pm and start watching this program at 10:15pm "from the start", after the 15 minutes delay, the recording stops and playback becomes unstable. A recent recording of a 60 minute program never progressed beyond this point.
    Similarly with a long recording (8 hours), it seemed to scramble the timeline. It would cut to an add at 90 mins. If I rewound, exited play back and tried again ect, it would maybe get to 92, 94, 96 mins, before cutting to the same add and then playback would freeze with a black screen.
    I have checked that they box has latest software and also checked the freeview and freeview play are up to date.
    98% signal quality on the tuner.
    ANy help would be appreciated.

| Fri 3 May 2024 22:54:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

My only thought here is that you are recording- but not playing back the recording. (I may be totally wrong!)

If you see something like "play from the start", chances are you will end up streaming the programme and not playing the recording.

You need to access the recording by using the button second row down on the left of your remote.

| Sat 4 May 2024 10:07:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

On second thoughts, it depends where you see the "play from start". If it pops up on the live TV - you could end up streaming. If it is from the recordings list then it should play the recording.

| Sat 4 May 2024 13:35:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

EEPhil - 1 hour ago  » 
    On second thoughts, it depends where you see the "play from start". If it pops up on the live TV - you could end up streaming. If it is from the recordings list then it should play the recording.

I have never seen it do anything other than play the recording if it is in the list of recordings.

| Sat 4 May 2024 14:47:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 hours ago  » 

EEPhil - 1 hour ago  » 

I have never seen it do anything other than play the recording if it is in the list of recordings.

Neither have I. But I'm newer to the Aura and haven't fathomed all its' secrets, yet.

| Sat 4 May 2024 17:08:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

nd2009

Martin Liddle - 5 hours ago  » 

EEPhil - 1 hour ago  » 

Thank you both. You may have a point here. I can't say for sure, but from memory, I think I went to the EPG to pay the program and selected the front the start option.

I think on the longer recording, when it started to "scramble" I tried to pay it both ways. Maybe I had already somehow confused the recording.

Although either way it seems odd that I can't stream without it stopping once it meets the recording time.

| Sat 4 May 2024 20:33:42 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

nd2009

I'm also now having a problem with the ITVX app.

If you play a program it runs fine and adverts all play fine. It gets to the end of the episode and begins a countdown for the next episode, at 2 seconds it freezes and the Aura restarts. Loads back up to the home screen. Any recording at the time shows in multiple segments with an error about power loss.

I'm thinking this could benefit from a factory reset and try again?

| Sat 4 May 2024 20:53:19 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.