My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Unit not responding to remote

(14 posts)
  1. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Do you have the 'fan' Custom Firmware package running? if so then the fan minimum is never zero i.e. the fan is always running even when the unit is cold. Also the colours on the graph don't show how fast the fan is spinning, the colours are displaying temperatures not fan speeds

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 12:23:00 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tell

No I study it with a torch and its static when the software says its off. I haven't got the custom fan package installed. For the people who have the issue from boot up the fan isn't an issue since the unit is cold.

As reported elsewhere I haven't had anymore problems since installing the beta FTP, disabling the built in one via the Humax menu, installing diagnostic monitoring, running the built in disk check and clearing some of the larger custom logs.

I had lived with this issue for more like a year now so it seems to be solved but if not I will be checking the CPU use and HD temperature if the issue starts up again.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 12:40:52 #12 |
  3. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Ah O.K, the reason for asking about the 'fan' utility is because your graph shows the fan reaching full-on twice and then settling down at about 50 Deg. C and never reaching the 55 Deg C it needs to switch the fan from off to full, this usually only happens if 'fan' is installed and the 'off' minimum is set say 35% of full

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 12:51:04 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tell

It was record8ng the Archers Omnibus during the ripple then the rest of the period was listening to the media play. The heating came on latter so may be the ripple was related to the temperature of the room being cold plus the unit, then it all stabilised for the rest of the period.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 17:23:15 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.