My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unit reboots when accessing DLNA server

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Just bought a HDR 1000S to replace my Sky+ HD box and first impressions are not great, sluggish operation, garish menus etc, but I am going to persist with it.

I have tried to access media on my PC using PS3 Media Server and Windows Media Player shares, which work fine on my XBOX360 and PS3 so I know the DLNA server works fine. When I try and access the media on the Humax, it can see both media servers but when I try and navigate to any of the shared folders, the entire unit simply reboots.

I wouldn't have thought I would have to resort to a support forum just to use a set top box. Bad first impressions. Had to resort to guesswork about how to delete media files from the HDD, why not show that the blue button is the menu button ?

If anyone can help me as to why the unit crashes like this I would be grateful and restore a little faith.

many thanks, Phil

| Sun 16 Dec 2012 19:09:43 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Mine works with Windows Media Player shares.
    Which versions (Windows & WMP?)

| Sun 16 Dec 2012 20:16:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Windows 8 Pro / WMP12. It can't see any of the media shares, but the worrying thing is why does the entire unit reboot when trying to access folders shared via PS3 Media Server ? That strikes me as a massive bug that accessing a shared folder reboots the unit ?

| Sun 16 Dec 2012 20:35:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Ok, I have an update now. Just tried Serviio DLNA server and I can see the shares etc and movies play but they aren't playing in the correct aspect ratio. For some reason, where there should be black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, the picture is stretched to fill the whole screen so people look thin and tall.

I have used the same server software on the PS3 and it works perfectly so it is a problem with the Humax not displaying the correct ratio. Any ideas ?

| Sun 16 Dec 2012 21:57:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mivecboy - 1 hour ago  » 
    For some reason, where there should be black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, the picture is stretched to fill the whole screen so people look thin and tall.

other people have reported the same thing. Best advice is to wait and see if the next software version helps.

| Sun 16 Dec 2012 23:31:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

mivecboy - 1 hour ago  » 
    For some reason, where there should be black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, the picture is stretched to fill the whole screen so people look thin and tall.

other people have reported the same thing. Best advice is to wait and see if the next software version helps.

Cheers Martin, disappointing though. Probably the most buggy piece of hardware at this price I have ever bought. Shame.

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 0:48:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mivecboy - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Probably the most buggy piece of hardware at this price I have ever bought. Shame.

It is on the initial release version of the software with a new version due soon. In my experience a lot of products are buggy when first released. Humax have a reasonably good record of fixing problems and adding functionality to products.

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 1:02:43 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

mivecboy,
    What file extensionsare involved ? I ask because my WMP clearly shows a small assortment of extensions (mostly MPEG-2 / H264) which mostly play fine.
    Humax have not said what containers and formats are supported.

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 9:19:49 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    mivecboy,
    What file extensionsare involved ? I ask because my WMP clearly shows a small assortment of extensions (mostly MPEG-2 / H264) which mostly play fine.
    Humax have not said what containers and formats are supported.

The entire unit reboots before I even select a file. I can select top level folder video, then see folder "new videos to watch" and when selecting that folder it says "connecting", then the unit reboots.

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 10:28:33 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

That is when using PS3 media server I should say. WMP shares show nothing.

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 10:29:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.