My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Unknown pin on HDR 1000S

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Hi, I just bought a second hand HDR 1000S which is working fine but it has a PIN number that was set by the previous owner and the seller does not remember what it was. I have tried to do a reset and a factory reset but both get blocked because it wil not do them unless I put in the pin.
    I have googled the question and the answers I get are to do a factory reset, which requires the entry of the pin number
    I am going round in circles can anyone advise me on how to get round this and reset the pin number
    Thanks, Boyd

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 15:01:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

See the faq's

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-reset-password

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 15:03:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Hi, I have carried out the advice on your answer several times and each time the box locks up when I click on reset Pin Code and responds to no buttons on the remote except the off button after which the machine starts and responds normally to all buttons until I try it again when it repeats the lockup
    Any further advise on how to get past the lockup would be much appreciated, I also have downloaded hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf but while it does the ugrade afterwards it still wants the unknown pin to do factory reset etc.
    Thanks Boyd

| Thu 28 Jan 2016 18:26:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Can you return it for a refund? The seller should have sorted this problem out before selling the box. Unless it was mates rates, or your brother-in-law.

| Thu 28 Jan 2016 18:40:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Further to my almost never ending query regarding my unknown pin. I downloaded the filehdr1000s_hdrupgrade.hdf myself from the Humax sitea nd I have just been investigating why both the files I downloaded and the ones on the links given to me by members did not work, well I have found that all those files show a size of 13,767 KB and the one subsequently recommended by Graham is 28.8 GB. I offer no explanation of that but just thought someone might find it interesting
    Boyd
    PS the Zip I downloaded from Humax is attached

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 19:53:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

mactoshb - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Further to my almost never ending query regarding my unknown pin. I downloaded the filehdr1000s_hdrupgrade.hdf myself from the Humax sitea nd I have just been investigating why both the files I downloaded and the ones on the links given to me by members did not work, well I have found that all those files show a size of 13,767 KB and the one subsequently recommended by Graham is 28.8 GB.

Have you tried the reset file Barry supplied in the other thread?

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/lost-pin/page/2#post-45626

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 20:14:06 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.