My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Unplug to switch on

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

My FVP4000t has suddenly decided it won't switch on with either the remote or the box. Have to unplug from the mains each time. Very irritating but even more so if a recording is taking place. Anyone else experiencing this & and suggested fix please?

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 18:10:16 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you wait till the recording should have finished hopefully the recording should have finished. Does the led continue to show the recording in progress ? How many times did you press the power button ?

Does it happen every time you boot the box and then put it back in sby ?

Other than that a reset to factory defaults is the first thing to try. Photograph your recording schedule as a reset will delete the schedule.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 18:18:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

its just started happening & happens every time now. I was going to try factory reset if no one on here had any other options

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 18:25:54 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 5 minutes ago  » 
    its just started happening & happens every time now. I was going to try factory reset if no one on here had any other options

Still not sure what you mean. After the power cycle the box should turn on and reset the clock then after this go back to sby. Does this happen ?
    After this does the remote boot the box OK. Then when you put it in sby using the remote does it fail to boot the next time ?

If you don't try and wake the box while it's recording does the box go back to sby after making a recording ?

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 18:35:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

I'm not sure if we're talking at cross purposes but the box won't turn on without turning it on & off at the mains.
    I don't know what you mean about the power cycle. The box is recording & is in sby after recording but still will not switch on either by using the remote or the on/off switch on the box itself. The only way the box will switch on is by turning off mains power & then plugging it back in. It can then be used normally even switching it on and off. However, when come back to it the next day have to go through the unplugging rigmarole again.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 18:44:25 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 35 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not sure if we're talking at cross purposes but the box won't turn on without turning it on & off at the mains.
    I don't know what you mean about the power cycle. The box is recording & is in sby after recording but still will not switch on either by using the remote or the on/off switch on the box itself. The only way the box will switch on is by turning off mains power & then plugging it back in. It can then be used normally even switching it on and off. However, when come back to it the next day have to go through the unplugging rigmarole again.

A power cycle is removing the mains and restoring it.

Can you try setting a power on timer as follows

System - settings - power timer - power on timer

Time 07:00
    Channel BBC ONE HD
    Volume 10
    Repeat Daily

Power Off Timer 07:15

Let us know if the box then boots OK tomorrow.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 19:24:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

OK thank you will give that a go and let you know

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 20:38:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Update......set the timer last night & the box has switched itself on.

| Thu 16 Nov 2017 17:20:06 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 1 hour ago  » 
    Update......set the timer last night & the box has switched itself on.

Do you mean you were able to boot the box from the remote or that it has switched on by itself without you doing anything ?

| Thu 16 Nov 2017 18:30:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

It switched itself on without doing anything but I've just tried switching on with the remote and it worked.

| Fri 17 Nov 2017 13:49:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.