My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Unplug to switch on

(17 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 14 minutes ago  » 
    It switched itself on without doing anything but I've just tried switching on with the remote and it worked.

You have got the power off timer at 07:15 set ?

| Fri 17 Nov 2017 14:04:16 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 14 minutes ago  » 
    It switched itself on without doing anything but I've just tried switching on with the remote and it worked.

You have got the power off timer at 07:15 set ?

| Fri 17 Nov 2017 14:06:02 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Oh sorry no I didn't realise I was meant to set the specific time in your post. I'd set timer on for 16:00 & off at midnight. Was there a relevance to your timings?

| Fri 17 Nov 2017 14:12:16 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Oh sorry no I didn't realise I was meant to set the specific time in your post. I'd set timer on for 16:00 & off at midnight. Was there a relevance to your timings?

Yes - It's designed to make sure before you use the box you have a full epg and not waste power keeping the box fully booted when it's not needed.

| Fri 17 Nov 2017 14:17:04 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

My tv & surround sound are set so that when my box comes on/off they all do the same & as my lounge is next to my bedroom this may wake me up. I never have the to on in the morning & so the on time I set was close to when I would normally switch the tv on.
    I never leave the box on (is that what you mean by fully booted?) when not watching

| Fri 17 Nov 2017 14:40:05 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 12 minutes ago  » 
    My tv & surround sound are set so that when my box comes on/off they all do the same & as my lounge is next to my bedroom this may wake me up. I never have the to on in the morning & so the on time I set was close to when I would normally switch the tv on.
    I never leave the box on (is that what you mean by fully booted?) when not watching

You can stop that by turning off CEC control on the TV. Do you never record anything before 16:00 ?

| Fri 17 Nov 2017 14:54:15 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

They are purposely set so that I don't have to turn everything on individually.
    It would be very unusual for me to record anything prior to 16:00. Before your advice about the timer the box was recording but just wasn't switching on. (Don't necessarily switch on by 16:00)

| Fri 17 Nov 2017 15:24:39 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.