My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unresponsive + Other issues

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I have included a list of issues with my Humax HDR1100S since it was installed August 2017. Is the frequency of issues normal or have I had a 'bad' stb?

Attachments

1. Humax_HDR1100S_issues.pdf (73.4 KB, 7 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sun 29 Jul 2018 15:23:01 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The problems with switching on may suggest a HDMI-CEC issue. Most TV's allow this to be switched off. Brand names for HDMI-CEC:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdmi-cec-known-as-by-manufacturer-3

I had the same problem with my Philips, Barry with a different Philips model had no problems. It seems that differing implementations of the many levels of the speciation can cause problems.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 15:51:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

It is not the TV that won't switch on; it is the Humax box. The TV always switches on. Are you suggesting that switching off the CEC will fix the problem with switching the Humax on?

Incidentally when I try and open my own uploaded pdf file I get an error message "Sorry, download is restricted" so I hope everyone else can read the pdf I uploaded. You must be able to read it or else you would not have been able to post your answer but it is weird that I can't read my own uploaded file.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 16:49:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I should have emphasised that when the Humax cannot be switched on the power button on the box (as well as the remote power button) does not work so I can't see how CEC would stop this working. Is it the CEC connection that is 'confusing' the box?

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 17:31:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I'll try disabling CEC anyway. I have only one other device connected to the TV via HDMI so it easy to switch between them manually and I rarely use the second device. Thanks, I'll see how I get on.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 17:34:43 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Justintime - 26 minutes ago  » 
    I'll try disabling CEC anyway. I have only one other device connected to the TV via HDMI so it easy to switch between them manually and I rarely use the second device. Thanks, I'll see how I get on.

Disconnect the HDMI cable, now see if the box will boot.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 18:01:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I have now switched OFF CEC and 'Power off Link' (PoL) on my Panasonic TV. I then turned OFF at the wall switch, waited 2 minutes and then turned back ON at the wall switch. TV settings show that CEC and PoL are both OFF.

Re your "Disconnect HDMI cable" advice how will I see anything at all on the TV screen to check if the box has or has not booted? Am I missing something here?

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 19:04:00 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Justintime - 2 hours ago  » 

yes HDMI-CEC puts the TV in control.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 20:11:58 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Justintime - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have now switched OFF CEC and 'Power off Link' (PoL) on my Panasonic TV. I then turned OFF at the wall switch, waited 2 minutes and then turned back ON at the wall switch. TV settings show that CEC and PoL are both OFF.
    Re your "Disconnect HDMI cable" advice how will I see anything at all on the TV screen to check if the box has or has not booted? Am I missing something here?

Either put your ear to the box to listen if the HDD is running or add a temporary analogue connection to the TV (No problem with the earlier 2 boxes as they both have a front panel display).

Failure of the HDD can stop the box booting, if out of warranty disconnect the HDD connectors. If the box boots OK a new HDD will likely sort out the issue.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 21:28:20 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I'll see how I get on with the TV CEC setting OFF.

The box has a two year warranty (because I registered it) with a 6 year "Supercare" paid-for warranty from "RicherSounds" where I bought the box from so, if the HDD has a developing problem, hopefully it will develop further in that time and I can get them to fix it free.

Thanks for all input.

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 7:51:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.