My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unusual recording behaviour.

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I had an unusual occurrence with my HDR1000S Saturday night.

Came to the TV 5 mins after Atlantis had started, so rewound the buffer to the start of the pgm. I'm now in chasing mode 5 mins behind live. About 2 mins before the end of Atlantis my wife had to leave the room to take a call and asks me to record. At this point the live broadcast of Atlantis has ended and The Lottery Draw has started. I press "R", expecting to get a recording of Atlantis (which we are still watching in chasing mode, 5 mins behind the broadcast). To my surprise the display immediately blacks out then restarts with the live broadcast of The Lottery Draw. I go into Recordings and, sure enough, instead of a 1 hour recording of Atlantis, I have a 4 min, ongoing, recording of The Lottery draw.

I thought that when you pressed "R" you got a recording of the pgm you were watching, regardless of chasing mode, seems not.

Inevitably in chasing mode you are always going to reach a point where the actual broadcast has ended and the succeeding broadcast has started, you are now watching/chasing a broadcast that has ended. Pressing "R" during this overlap period does not get you a recording of the pgm you are watching, but instead you get the broadcast pgm that succeeded it.
    IMHO this is at odds with what the average viewer would expect.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 9:06:29 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you goto live TV and wind back the buffer to where you want to start recording from and press record then you get an instant (and ongoing) recording from that point up to real time. It does however take the name of the current programme.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 11:36:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Thanks Graham, that makes sense. I was so taken aback by the behaviour when I pressed "R" (screen display immediately jumped to the live broadcast, I missed last 2 mins of the chase) that I never thought of that.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 11:44:30 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.