My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unwanted remote recording set on Freesat HDR 1100

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mikenew

I have an issue with my Freesat box (Humax hdr1100)

I recently noticed a recording set yhat i did not initiate - Jackpot247 on ITV at 00:40

I have tried deleting it but within a few minutes of deleting it a notification flashes up that a remote recording has been set.

I only have the app on 2 devices so I deleted it from both. Went to settings on the box and removed the freesat user id - leaving no paired users.

I then created a new user account using a different account, paired the box with the apps using the new id.

Then within a few minutes the remote record of Jackpot247 was there again.

How do i get rid of this infringement of my privacy?

| Mon 23 Apr 2018 21:24:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterH51

I have the same problem with my HDR1000S, only it's BBC One News and BBC Breakfast. Just like you, I can delete the planned recordings only to have them reappear even though the App on my phone isn't set to initiate these recordings. Have you solved your problems yet?

| Thu 17 May 2018 18:31:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mikenew

I reset the box a few times and contacted Freesat as I believe it is their issue as the recordings onlystart when the box is paired with the app - they basically said as I was not currently in the UK they wouldn't be able to help.

anyway, i deleted the app, reset the box to factory default and did this several times and after leaving the unwanted recording there for a few days deleted both the recordings and the planned recordings and it hasn't happened since.

No idea what actually stopped it which doesn't really help you.

| Thu 17 May 2018 18:50:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reuben216

Having this issue too. Box has recorded several programmes I haven’t chosen. In my case, I haven’t downloaded the app so it can’t be to do with that. Very odd. Since I talked my partner into leaving Virgin Media in favour of Freesat via Humax it’s problematic when this kind of thing happens. Keep having regular (and unexplained) ‘program clash’ alerts too. I’m trying to keep my partner on side but it’s not easy with these weird happening. Hope someone finds a solution to these phantom recordings soon. I’d much appreciate the answer????

| Sun 9 Sep 2018 22:59:49 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Re the program clashes - when you look in settings > system info > Signal.

At the foot of the page it will tell you how many cables were detected at last install or freesat tune. I one do a freesat tune.

Deleting the freesat app will not stop recordings - the unit must be unpaired via settings.

| Mon 10 Sep 2018 7:45:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

When I see posts like these it makes me glad I got rid of the app and all its contents years ago. As much as anything using the app hammers the HDD which is good enough reason by itself not to use it.

I don't use the Youview app for the same reasons.

| Mon 10 Sep 2018 10:56:15 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.