My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

upgrade 9150

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

swansle

Hi all sorry to be a pain but how do I update, upgrade my box? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thanks...

| Sun 24 Jun 2012 15:08:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

swansle - 35 minutes ago  » 
    how do I update, upgrade my box?

I assume you mean update the software. What version is it running currently? You have two options to update: either leave the box in standby overnight and it will update automatically next time the software is transmitted (but that could be a good few weeks at the moment) or update it from a PC for which you will need a null modem serial cable and probably a USB to serial converter (see Link to Flash9200 for more details).

| Sun 24 Jun 2012 15:48:46 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Welcome to the Forum

If you mean update the firmware then you need to check when the OTA update is being broadcast at the DTG site (link) and leave the box in standby overnight and set to automatically check for updates.
    Alternatively you can manually search during the period of broadcast - see Humax Site (link)
    You can also download the update and use the serial port connected to a PC with a null-modem lead. See Humax download site

If you mean something else then please provide more information.

| Sun 24 Jun 2012 16:00:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rusp

Many thanks to Martin Liddle for flash9200.exe and the clear instructions for updating the 9150T. It all worked like a charm so my recently purchased PVR is now fully up to date.
    Thanks again,
    Peter Russell

| Fri 2 Aug 2013 12:01:30 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

A recently purchased 9150 ought to have had the latest software installed as the current software, version 26, has been around for two years. Did you check the version installed before updating? It is unlikely that the 9XX0 series machines will see another update, just repeats of the current version.

| Fri 2 Aug 2013 12:25:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Biggles - 2 minutes ago  » 
    A recently purchased 9150 ought to have had the latest software installed as the current software, version 26, has been around for two years.

But this could be a second hand purchase.

| Fri 2 Aug 2013 12:29:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rusp

It was a second-hand machine and had apparently never been updated. The installed version was dated 2008 so it needed the update cto v.26.

| Sat 3 Aug 2013 9:25:57 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.