My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Upgrade from data uploaded U7.51

(16 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The actual firmware version you have 1.00.21 is I am fairly sure the latest - the custom firmware thread I pointed to earlier, would have been very busy if Humax had released another as it would have replaced it.

I would not worry about flashing the loader version U 7.54 (remember to rename as Luke advised above). You refreshed 7.51 successfully after all. There and several safeguards during the flashing process, checksum, version, system ID, name, etc.

Like Trev I have some doubts that it will make any difference.

However does housekeeping now work OK? You can tell if new recordings have thumbnails.

| Sun 6 Jan 2019 16:18:22 #11 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

As it seems that no-one can confirm here, I've asked about latest software over on AVF. I will report back if someone answers.

| Mon 7 Jan 2019 0:34:19 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 1 day ago  » 
    As it seems that no-one can confirm here, I've asked about latest software over on AVF. I will report back if someone answers.

1.00.21 is the latest. It was rushed out during the London Olympics when it was discovered the box was unable to record the red button streams.

| Tue 8 Jan 2019 10:54:25 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

amkd

I've been the proud owner of a Humax Foxsat-HDR 1TB since 2012 and found it to be an excellent piece of kit.

Model: FOXSAT-HDR
    S/W Version:  HPRSFCI 1.00.21
    Loader Version: U7.54

I've read a lot about Raydon's custom firmware and I'd like to upgrade my box to take advantage of the rich features it has to offer (also to exercise my rusty Unix skills!).

I've attempted to download the v4.1.3 update (found on https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-6.2024876/ )

* Latest update is v4.1.3 and is available for download from HERE *

and this takes me to http://filecloud.io/q97isogtc which then on each attempt is redirected to various non related web sites eg Sports, Anti-Virus, Investment etc.

Is anyone able to fix the link or provide me with the means of obtaining V4.1.3 CF please?

Cheers,
    Alan.

PS Posting here in the first instance as related posts are more recent 2019 rather than 2016.

| Sat 1 Jun 2019 15:47:35 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Alan,

A google of "Useful Links for the Foxsat-HDR Customised Firmware" will produce a link to the rar file you seek. At least it does for me.

Good luck.

dino

| Sat 1 Jun 2019 18:23:35 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

amkd

Thanks Dino, you're a Star!

I've now successfully downloaded the rar file containing the CF update, Telnet package and ReadMe.txt. Now looking forward to installing it.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Alan.

| Sun 2 Jun 2019 1:45:47 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.