My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Upgrading 5000T HDD!

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DocP

So I managed to get my 5000T case open, one screw abnd then 4 simple clips as above. Must say it was one of the easiest cases I have oponed in a while. Took out the 500GB drive and replaced it with a Seagate 2TB ST2000vM003 Pipeline. Did a a factory re-install and formatted the drive (I think). However, although the 5000T correctly reports the size of the drive- it will not record? Just get file names listed with the broken symbol? Strangley Netflicks will not work either? Any ideas?

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 10:18:38 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

DocP - 3 hours ago  » 
    However, although the 5000T correctly reports the size of the drive- it will not record? Just get file names listed with the broken symbol?

Where did you source the ST2000vM003 drive from?

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 13:55:00 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DocP

Dear Martin, many thanks for trying to help, but I now seemed to have solved the problem, In answer to your question, I bought the drive off a well known on-line auction site from a highly rated seller. To solve the problem, I used a hard drive cradle attached to a Linux machine ( having had lots of problem with USB drivers and Windows 10 since recent updates). I then deleted and repartitioned the drive and formatted it to generic FAT (It was previously formatted to NTFS). Having tested it first on an old 2000T I then put it back into the FVP-5000T. It now seems to working alright. I can record and play back programs and get Netflix again (no idea why this was affected though). I will now have to see how it goes. The FVP-5000T it is fitted in it not our main one and so only gets occasional use. If it fails again I will try and report back. So the problem seems to have been a combination of the wrong format and bad partition table? I guess the lesson is to always repartition and reformat old hard drives before reusing them.

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 8:02:30 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

DocP - 2 hours ago  » 
    I guess the lesson is to always repartition and reformat old hard drives before reusing them.

None of the formats you describe will work with the FVP-5000T but it may well be that reformatting the drive has mapped out some bad sectors. For what little its worth, I had so many problems with hard drives from auction sites that I now have a strict policy of only buying new drives from reputable sources.

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 10:39:08 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.