My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

USB recognised initially.. but not anymore?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

blue67

I've been watching various programmes on a USB for about a month. Now for whatever reason when I plug the USB in to the box, instead of the screen going straight to USB, it defaults to HDD, when I scroll to USB I get a 'loading' message... which doesn't go any further.

I've had the USB formatted initially to FAT32, no problem, the to NTFS, no problem... I then formatted to the lad's XBOX and then back to NTFS since when I have got the above 'loading' message, have since gone back to FAT32, still the same.

Any suggestions please ladies and gents?

Cheers in advance

| Thu 21 Feb 2013 22:16:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

Maybe try a different USB stick. Format to FAT32 using your PC or laptop. NTFS is really for HDD or if you want to copy files larger than 4GB, not USB memory sticks or SD cards. DON'T format to exFAT as I found this format is not recognised by the HDR 1000S at all and again this format was designed for the Vista platform I believe and is used if you need to copy files larger than 4GB onto your USB stick.

| Fri 22 Feb 2013 14:58:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

blue67

Thanks for your help!

I have 2x USBs have used both ok in the past. One I formatted with FAT 32 (worked fine) with NTFS to watch larger files (this also worked fine) have reformatted back to FAT32 to try and fix the problem, no good.

The other USB is just FAT32 for use with smaller files. For whatever reason the box isn't recognising either now! I get the pop up a few seconds after the USB is inserted, when I click OK it goes to HDD, I scroll to USB and as stated above we just get a loading message!

| Fri 22 Feb 2013 18:13:57 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.