My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

USB video formats

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

yotboy

I know the USB is 'choosy' about which formats it will playback, but is there a definitive list out there - and please don't say 'avi' without giving the full details!

| Wed 1 Oct 2014 23:05:54 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It will playback the following for definite in a transport stream container.

576i with mp2 stereo audio
    1080i with ac3 or aac audio (2.0 or 5.1)
    1080p24 audio as above

DTS-HD loopthrough isn't supported (not sure about DTS).

I haven't tried 1080p50 (If you wish I can try some content from my camcorder).

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 10:54:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

yotboy

Thanks for the info - that will help. I know it won't do .mkv, but what about the mpg /mp4?. I thought I saw a list of general formats in the manual - or somewhere, but have been unable to track anything down -anyone?

I don't suppose there's a list of usable avi codecs out there?

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 23:51:48 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AVI isn't a codec it's a container and it can contain a enormous number of variations, ranging from uncompressed content (massive files) and a large range of compression codecs and a almost unlimited range of resolutions. I haven't tried to see if .AVI files are recognised.

DV camcorders produce digital files in an AVI container. SD DV compression produces large files (Approx 20 mins of content uses about 4GB of storage)

MKV is also a container which provided the actual video and audio content is supported I guess MKV will work the same as the same content contained in a .ts container.

mpeg2, mpeg4, and H264/AVC all work OK. Broadcast Digital TV uses mpeg2 for SD and H264/AVC for HD channels.

| Sat 4 Oct 2014 10:45:25 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.