My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Use phono leads instead of scart or hdmi

(2 posts)
  1. Davy

Davy

special member

I couldn't connect my box using hdmi leads as all other 3 I had were used up by Amazon etc so used a scarf lead which worked perfect.
    Only snag was, every so often, it would boot up and check to see if there were any new recordings to make etc which was annoying as it interfered with my LG TV.
    I was advised to get rid to of the Freesat app which helped a lot but it still did it every so often.
    As my TV is a flatscreen and very close to the wall, I was reluctant to use phono leads instead of the smart one.
    I managed to get a 3 connection phono lead which when plugged in, enabled the TV to still be as close as ever as the leads connected at the back of the TV and not the side as some do.
    Now,,whenever it boots up, it doesn't affect the TV at all and also I have the app back on again.
    Might not sound much to some, but when it used to boot and the TV went off and on to the Freesat box each time, it was really annoying.
    Just thought I'd post this in case others have same problem.
    Picture and sound is 100% perfect, same as hdmi in my opinion.

| Mon 4 May 2015 22:49:54 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Pull or cut Pin 8 on the SCART lead plug to stop it "interfering" with the TV when you do not want it to.

| Tue 5 May 2015 13:06:37 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.