My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

User Manual

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr_Fixit

Hello,

Does anyone have any knowledge as to whether a user manual for the HDR 1000s will become available to download, and if so, when?

Thanks,

Gordon Elliott

| Fri 18 Jan 2013 18:18:42 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No plans for a user 'manual' as far as I am aware.

The user 'guide' can be downloaded from links on freesat website:

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/product-support

| Fri 18 Jan 2013 19:30:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr_Fixit

Thank you Barry,

Found it ( User Manual ) OK.

It makes no mention in detail as to the capabilities of the network function.

Graham advised me earlier that there would be an update sometime to the DLNA function allowing the HDR 1000s to act as a server.I could then watch Humax recorded material on my DLNA compatible Panasonic TV in a different room (via powerline adaptors)

Any more info on this re timescale etc?

Thanks and regards

Gordon Elliott

| Sat 19 Jan 2013 17:21:56 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mr_Fixit - 57 minutes ago  » 
    Graham advised me earlier that there would be an update sometime to the DLNA function allowing the HDR 1000s to act as a server.I could then watch Humax recorded material on my DLNA compatible Panasonic TV in a different room (via powerline adaptors)
    Any more info on this re timescale etc?
    Thanks and regards
    Gordon Elliott

Not sure that this is 100% sure, the box will most likely require a dlna client that is DTCP-IP compliant. These include the following Humax boxes HD FOX T2, HDR FOX T2 and HDR-1000s. You will have to check the spec for your TV.

http://www.cam-sats.com/satellite-news/268.htm

| Sat 19 Jan 2013 18:24:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr_Fixit

Hi Graham,

Many thanks for your reply.

My TV is DLNA certified.
    It is a Panasonic and I can already stream data from my Panasonic bluray recorder to a Panasonic TV in a different room via my router using powerline adaptors. I wanted to repeat this scenario in another 2 rooms, but as Panasonic have kindly stopped making Freesat recorders, the Humax is the only other unit that I would consider. Also because I want to have the "Freetime" function.

I have the ability to test compatibility of Humax and Panasonic in my local Hughes TV store who are very accommodating and because of that I would buy from them. I would just like to know as to when I should go and ask for a demonstration, i.e. after the firmware upgrade. Hence my question as to any idea "when"?

Is there any other way for me to find out if and when this occurs, so that I do not have to keep pestering the life out of you?

Best regards

Gordon Elliott

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 18:02:13 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mr_Fixit - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Many thanks for your reply.
    My TV is DLNA certified.
    It is a Panasonic and I can already stream data from my Panasonic bluray recorder to a Panasonic TV in a different room via my router using powerline adaptors. I wanted to repeat this scenario in another 2 rooms, but as Panasonic have kindly stopped making Freesat recorders, the Humax is the only other unit that I would consider. Also because I want to have the "Freetime" function.
    I have the ability to test compatibility of Humax and Panasonic in my local Hughes TV store who are very accommodating and because of that I would buy from them. I would just like to know as to when I should go and ask for a demonstration, i.e. after the firmware upgrade. Hence my question as to any idea "when"?
    Is there any other way for me to find out if and when this occurs, so that I do not have to keep pestering the life out of you?
    Best regards
    Gordon Elliott

It will get announced here, if your Hughes store has a HDR FOX T2 and your TV, and can stream HD recordings to your model of TV it would be fairly safe to assume the HDR-1000s will also work. I can do the reverse ie stream HDR FOX T2 to HDR-1000s.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 18:38:38 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.