My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Using an HDMI auto switch?

(9 posts)
  1. colinwavell

colinwavell

I need more HDMI inputs as my Sony TV only has one. I want to use my PVR and my DVD player. Has anyone used a HDMI auto switch with their Humax product and if so are there any issues?

| Mon 14 Nov 2011 12:04:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I used one with a HD FOX T2 on a AV amp input, it worked fine except for one peculiarity which may not affect you. I use the scart analogue output to feed a AV amp which has a Modulator connected to zone 2 out which sends pictures to a kitchen TV. No problem if viewing the output in the lounge and kitchen. Selecting another input to watch something else on the Lounge TV causes a hdcp handshake problem so takes out the kitchen picture. Using a discrete hdmi in on the amp solves the problem. If you are just using the switch to share an input on the TV I wouldn't anticipate any problems.

| Mon 14 Nov 2011 12:29:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

Hello Colin,

I bought one of these last year and have had no issues at all with it. Although it came with its own remote control,it works automatically with my Sony TV/Humax box/DVD player Although it came with its own remote control:-

Link to Ebay

Edit:-
    I'm having trouble with the URL ... If you dial up ebay, type in 'NEET' you should be able to pick it up there..it's listed as a
    5 Port way hub/splitter/switcher auto switch

Gerry

Edit: Fixed the link for you...Barry

Another edit:- Thanks Barry!

| Mon 14 Nov 2011 12:34:16 #3 |
  4. colinwavell

colinwavell

Thanks for that ....I'll take a look

| Mon 14 Nov 2011 16:03:09 #4 |
  5. Wallace

Wallace

special member

I use this item from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neet-3-WAY-Port-HDTV-hub-HD-switcher-HDMI-AUTO-SWITCH-/110774645536?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D110773959781%252B110773959781%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4207840912520330802

I have used it for months and works seamlessly. I does not require a separate power supply.I believe I have also seen the same article (different brand) in Tesco.

HTH

| Tue 15 Nov 2011 9:26:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

petrescue

Not sure if anyone can help
    I have used a manual HDMI switch sucessfully for some time with my HDR-FOX T2 box. I decided to buy one with a remote control to avoid getting up. I bought this one Switchbox

However everything else works through this box except for my PVR. I have tried switching leads etc but no joy. Has anybody any ideas for a solution? thanks

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 14:38:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Another chance for me to highlight Humax and their HDMI problems.

The Humax doesn't like being cascaded through hdmi switches and even connecting directly to a display can cause issues, some switches work some don't. e.g. the cheaper £10-£12 3 way with remote from aldi et al does, but it's trial and error with these things and what's connected also has an affect.

Try the Humax in port 1 of the switch and if that doesn't work try port 5. Try the humax on its own and if that works add in the other equipment until you hit a problem, you may have to power off another device to get the switch to work with the humax. If that doesn't help then I'm sure toggling the v-format button on the humax remote should get the humax to re-synch (doesn't always!). You may find physically switching the switch off and on helps, but that defeats the whole idea of swapping from the manual one

As you have noted, all your other equipment works fine, just the Humax has these HDMI problems in your setup which they are aware of and presumably humax find it easier to handle the odd return and bad publicity/reputation then fix the HDMI problem.

There's no easy answer if switching ports and exhausting all possiblities with setting up doesn't help ....
    1) return the switch and try another brand
    2) get used to pressing v-format and toggling through
    3) the switch suplied remote is flimsy, get something like a harmony remote and program it to activate v-format 4 times when changing to the humax input

If you do get it to work then please let us know. I'm assuming there aren't any other switches, buttons, settings etc. on the switch aside from the power on/off one

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 15:53:50 #7 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I have no problem with using my Humax boxes through my Thor HDMI switch other than the minor one of making sure the Foxsat HDR is turned on before switching to it. If I forget, a quick toggle away and back on the switch sorts it.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 17:23:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

petrescue

Thanks Damian, I have tried all your suggestions to no avail. I guess I'll just return the switchbox and stick to the manual switch.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 14:45:33 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.