My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

various problems with 9300T

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave55

Hi

(First off I should say I have a HumaxDirect Grade A unit so it may just not have been refurbished properly?)

I got a 9300T a month or 2 ago and have had different problems. Some may have been due to the aerial setup but I think thats ok now - the TV I use has built in Freeview and it gets all progams perfectly if I swap the aerial cable from the Humax straight into the back of the TV.

Current problems are...
    1. When I recently tuned the humax (after aerial setup sorted out) it picked up all programs and worked fine for 20 min or so. After that some channels had dissapeared. I powered off for a bit, did a factory reset and retuned - they all came back again and then programs started to disappear again. Now I'm only getting BBC 1,2 and programs on that multiplex. Except..

2. On the Dave channel (12) it reads 'Dave' on the front of the humax and gives the message 'the channel is scrambled or not available' then a few seconds later CBeebies starts playing, with the message still showing!?

3. Channels on other multiplexes are also showing the 'the channel is scrambled or not available' message.

4. Signal strength is 76%, quality 100% on all multiplexes.

I guess I probably need to go to humax with this one but thought I'd ask for help here first before needing to get into warranty details etc

Thanks
    David

| Mon 4 Feb 2013 19:41:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

It sounds like a mistuned box. Have you tried a manual tune using the instructions at http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097 ?

| Mon 4 Feb 2013 20:00:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi,

my opinion is there's nothing wrong with grade A, they're either overstock or returned by people who don't know or understand how to operate a pvr. My last two were grade A's with absolutely no problem.
    A few things spring to mind immediately and I'm sure others will chip in. Make sure you're on the most recent firmware and be sure that you have no channels in the 800+ range.
    Try the box at a friends/neighbour's house, it does sound like aerial/tuning problems. You'd be amazed at the amount of complaints that are simply due to aerial/sat connections or the box stuffed in a cupboard or on a rug and getting quite warm.
    If it then plays up on a different aerial setup then it's looking most likely that you need to return it

| Mon 4 Feb 2013 20:02:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave55

Thanks for the feedback/ideas. Firstly, replies to points you mentioned:

1. tried the manual re-tune, more on this in a sec

2. there were no channels in the 800+ range

3. the box has the most recent firmware (the 7th July 2011 version)

Ok, so the manual retune.. At first it wouldnt work, every channel i tried to tune seemed to pick up the bbc 1/2 multiplex. I did an off + on, leaving the box off a while, and then the retune worked. Again after 20 min multiplexes were disappearing, although this time i found that if i stay on one multiplex, then those channels stay - at least they have done for a good many hours.

Also, now if i leave the channel on this working multiplex, i can record any of the other multiplexes (but still can't watch them directly.) But, if I try and set 2 recordings on other multiplexes, the first one that starts works, the second doesn't. If i do an off+on with a 30 min break all the channels come back without a retune...

I guess this means I need to go speak to Humax but if anyone has other ideas lemme know please =)

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 20:28:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dave55 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Ok, so the manual retune.. At first it wouldnt work, every channel i tried to tune seemed to pick up the bbc 1/2 multiplex. I did an off + on, leaving the box off a while, and then the retune worked.

Sounds very odd. Can you tell us where in the country you are (first part of post code would be helpful) and what multiplex channel numbers you used for tuning?

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 22:16:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave55

Postcode is KY7.

I tried using quite a few - 24, 27, 39, 40, 41, 42, 45 - these were listed as some of the channels for the 2 closest transmitters - i also tried a couple of random numbers not listed and still got all the bbc 1/2 ones appearing.

As I said though, after leaving the box switched off for a bit the scan worked as it should.

Also i meant to say, the box is on a basic 2 shelf tv unit on its own shelf, with no sides or back to the unit, so it gets plenty of air and shouldnt overheat.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 23:13:42 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dave55 - 35 minutes ago  » 
    I tried using quite a few - 24, 27, 39, 40, 41, 42, 45 - these were listed as some of the channels for the 2 closest transmitters

You haven't quite got the hang of this. The idea is to use channels from a single transmitter. I would suggest deleting all the channels and doing another manual tune on 27, 24, 42, 45, 39 only. Make sure network search is off.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 23:51:53 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Totally agree with Martin, just follow all of the instructions as they're written, don't chop and change them.

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 0:04:23 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave55

I did already follow the instructions, and all the current channels I have saved are from the same transmitter only - 27, 24, 42, 45, 39 .

Maybe i didn't explain clearly enough, but the first time i tried i got the fault of all bbc 1/2 so I experimented a bit using channels from 2 transmitters rather than 1. After turning the box off for a bit and going a second time, everything worked fine and I just used 27, 24, 42, 45, 39 : they all picked up the channels they were meant to.

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 10:48:00 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Are you deleting all the old channels first as per the instructions?

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 11:15:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.