My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Vertically stretched picture FVP-4000T 500GB MOCHA

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bigger Al

My 8-year-old HUMAX suddenly developed a vertically stretched picture. I improved this by changing the picture aspect ratio, but this only worked for program pictures. For all Humax menus (e.g. configuration pages, lists of recordings, information screens etc.) the stretch remained, pushing the data at the top and bottom of the screen out of view.
    As a last resort I did a factory reset, but this has not cured the stretch.
    Grateful for any ideas, or help!

| Mon 22 Jan 2024 12:43:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Are you sure that it is not an issue with the settings on the TV, specific to the HDMI input you are using.

| Mon 22 Jan 2024 12:53:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bigger Al

Well, I can't be sure, but I've changed nothing in the TV menu, and everything is fine when I'm watching the TV directly, with the Humax not the source. Also, the Humax has not had a faultless track record. It sometimes develops glitches which can usually be cleared by rebooting it. The TV itself is of a similar age but has always been fault-free. So I suspect the fault is with the Humax. Could it be a hardware fault?

| Mon 22 Jan 2024 23:22:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I can’t comment on the possibility of a hardware fault.

The fact that the TV is fine when using it direct is what I was getting at when I spoke about the settings for the specific HDMI port.

I believe that some TVs have a different group of settings for each picture source and if you check the settings when the TV is displaying the Humax you might find something wrong, even though you have not intentionally changed anything.

| Mon 22 Jan 2024 23:54:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

As a last resort I did a factory reset, but this has not cured the stretch.

Have you tried turning off the electrical power to the Humax for 10s(rather than putting it into standby)?

| Tue 23 Jan 2024 11:22:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bigger Al

Thanks Martin, but yes, I have tried the 10 sec disconnect routine without success.

| Tue 23 Jan 2024 11:27:15 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bigger Al

Well I'm blowed! Inspired by A1944's suggestion re HDMI ports, I swapped the TV port used by my Humax to the alternative port and this cured the problem completely!
    Thanks everso for your kind help gentlemen. Much obliged.

| Tue 23 Jan 2024 11:47:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

That is good. I wonder what happened to the other port. Maybe something for you to research now that you are back in action and not worrying that all is lost.

| Tue 23 Jan 2024 16:04:03 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.