My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Very disappointed

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GBUK7

My Humax HDR 1000S only 30 Months old and hardly used, has lost all recordings and not recognising hard drive.
    We mainly use Freeview/ Youview and had the Humax Freesat box as a back up, honestly it has not had a hard life at all. Turned it on a couple of days ago and all recordings gone, did all the usual stuff to no avail.
    Yesterday i called Humax up and spoke to a guy who went through a few things with me one of which was could i hear the disc spinning up when turning it on from mains; yes i could hear it to which he replied not much we can do other than send it to them and pay £130.00 or buy a new one!
    I can see there are several people on here and other forums with the same problem it's just not good enough. These things are not cheap to buy more so if you have to replace just after 2 yrs!
    Luckily my Samsung TV has two Satellite connectors so i am now using that option, i may buy a cheap HDD for the odd recording and pause live TV. I most definitely will not be buying another Humax product , in fact it would be better to go back to Sky; never had a duff Sky box in 20yrs!

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 19:57:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

GBUK7,

I totally agree very annoying, especially has you have not used machine much. I recently contacted Humax & had my machine sent back for the £26 charge service they are offering as they are fully aware of the defect on some machines & after a long long complaint (they also were mentioning £100+ charge!!) I then waited nearly 3 weeks & when I called, I was asked by the repair centre to contact Humax direct, who had my details & advised they would instead be issuing me with a replacement model, not repair my old machine. I received a newer model: the 1100s instead of my original 1000s. I am thankful for the service, appreciate Humax have actually supported customers at long last, but this lacks the scart socket at the back, which is good for copying recordings to DVD. I haven't tried the phono socket as yet + I haven't used the new machine much at the moment. Hopefully it will prove more reliable? Time will tell . . . Might be worth phoning Humax & asking about the £26 offer, it also applies for out of warranty machines. Don't take any excuses. Any problems, do as I did, make an offical complaint. You have the Sales of goods act 1979 to help you! Good luck!

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 20:08:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GBUK7

Thanks JDL'Idid mention the £26.00 but he said if i could hear the disc spinning up which i could[ or could have been the fan], then my only option was the £130.00 which i am not willing to do. Glad you got sorted, and yes i will look into Sale of goods act.

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 20:18:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

When you say you 'turned it on a couple of days ago' did you mean it has been completely switched off for a long period or simply in 'low power standby'?

It could be that if it has been switched off for a long period it has missed an update. If it has been in standby then it may be nothing more than the usual problem of no recordings present etc.

Most users experience this issue from time to time. Have you unplugged the unit completely then reconnect and touch nothing until it has been through it's boot up sequence? Once booted leave alone for another couple of minutes then see if it will start. If it will start leave for a further couple of minutes before trying to access your recordings.

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 11:04:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

GBUK7

Thanks Faust No it's always switched on just that we don't use it everyday. Yes i have done all the above and just tried again today no difference.
    Have checked for up date all ok, I am going to contact Humax again to see what they say.

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 15:05:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

GBUK7 - 53 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Faust No it's always switched on just that we don't use it everyday. Yes i have done all the above and just tried again today no difference.
    Have checked for up date all ok, I am going to contact Humax again to see what they say.

All may still not be lost as there have been many reports of people shipping them back to Humax where upon the unit has returned to life and everything is okay, making it difficult for Humax to diagnose the problem.

| Thu 23 Feb 2017 16:00:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GBUK7

GBUK7 - 1 year ago  » 
    My Humax HDR 1000S only 30 Months old and hardly used, has lost all recordings and not recognising hard drive.
    We mainly use Freeview/ Youview and had the Humax Freesat box as a back up, honestly it has not had a hard life at all. Turned it on a couple of days ago and all recordings gone, did all the usual stuff to no avail.
    Yesterday i called Humax up and spoke to a guy who went through a few things with me one of which was could i hear the disc spinning up when turning it on from mains; yes i could hear it to which he replied not much we can do other than send it to them and pay £130.00 or buy a new one!

Decided to take the offer and all ok. Very pleased with the way Humax dealt with the issue.

| Fri 23 Feb 2018 13:54:04 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.