My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Very slow

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boriyako

Good morning

I am wondering if I have done, or am doing, something wrong. I have a FVP5000T which I bought recently. The content access it gives me is great but it is SO SLOW. Everything is slow, browsing the TV guide, accessing any of the streaming services - netflix. iplayer, itv hub etc - the delay is there (the blue circle!). When I am finally connected, all is OK. It is not my data/network speed because my laptop is 3 feet away and gives me instant access to all of those.

If I had this problem with a computer I would suspect low amount of RAM or a slow processor.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks
    Miles

| Mon 25 Apr 2022 12:08:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Boriyako,

Welcome to the forum. I don't use a FVP4000/5000, but I use various pvrs. Have you tried to do a soft reset? Press Power button for approx 8-10 seconds & let pvr reboot & see if this improves things. Also maybe unplug & leave unplugged for 30 minutes & then replug in the box & see if this also improves speed. Another option is do a factory reset. If you check the menu & see if there is an option that KEEPs your recordings. Yes there are reports that the FVP4000/5000 are slower menu, but not that bad. If still a problem, maybe contact Humax/look for your warranty receipt & get an exchange?

The only other "trick" is to download previous software & load by USB, then update again later on with current version OTA or via USB download. If anyone else (that use the FVP4000) can add anything/or correct me (!) please do. Boriyako please let forum know how you get on/if you need more help. John L

| Mon 25 Apr 2022 15:15:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

boriyako - 5 hours ago  » 
    I have a FVP5000T which I bought recently. The content access it gives me is great but it is SO SLOW. Everything is slow, browsing the TV guide, accessing any of the streaming services - netflix. iplayer, itv hub etc - the delay is there (the blue circle!).

I think the FVP-5000T is considered as slow by quite a lot of people; I don't think there is anything you can do to improve the speed. If you can still return the box to the vendor then that may be your best course of action. Possible replacements are the Humax Aura or the Manhattan T3-R which are both significantly faster than the FVP-5000T.

| Mon 25 Apr 2022 17:53:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boriyako

Thanks for replying folks

jdlfreetime - I have tried the two resets (not the factory reset yet - I can only see two options in the menu, reset and reset and delete all files. If I'm going to do it I would like a full reset so will wait and watch my recordings and then do that) The two "soft" resets had no effect and the "download prvious softare" option is beyond my technical expertise I'm afraid!!
    Martin - I see other comments confirming what you say, the FVP5000 is generally considered slow (possibly processor/RAM ((it only has 1Gb RAM)) and possibly that it has 3 tuners?)
    The manhatten looks good but does not have netflix and is a bit pricy for me, and the aura (3Gb RAM) is defnitely too expensive for me.

So I'm going to watch my recordings and do a full factory reset.

If that doesn't work, I'll just live with it!

Many thanks again folks

Cheers

| Tue 26 Apr 2022 13:54:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Sometimes apparent slowness is down to the remote getting grubby inside and needing to be taken apart and cleaned, however if it is new (I am unclear) that should not be the case.

| Tue 26 Apr 2022 14:51:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

boriyako

Only 3 months old so shouldn't be that. Thanks anyway

| Tue 26 Apr 2022 17:14:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

agMike

Every Humax PVR I have owned (8000T, 8100T, 9200T, T2000, BT-TV) has suffered from a gradual slowing down. Eventually the skip-back and skip-forward buttons stop working on Live TV. Apps crash and either go to the main menu or Live TV.

Rebooting the box temporarily fixes it but the proble returns after a few days. I first reported it to Humax in 2006 but they have never managed to fix it. I suspect a coding error is resulting in a memory leak which can be hard to find and Humax do not seem to have anyone capable of diagnosing it.

The only answer seems to be to reboot the boxes every few days.

| Mon 29 May 2023 8:17:39 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.