My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Very slow USB file transfer on 2000T

(15 posts)
  1. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 minutes ago  » 

Des in London - 1 hour ago  » 
    On the subject of archive, why do you use the PC method if you don't mind me asking? Do you keep all your recordings on there and use it as a platform to transfer to HDD from there?
    PS.
    How do i upload a picture/avator on my profile....? I can't see anything in my Profile to allow me to edit and then upload...
    cheers.

I don't transfer much, but as it always ends up on a PC first it makes sense to copy any content directly. I use Videoredo TV suite to top and tail and remove ads. These are mainly for viewing away from home on a tablet/smartphone, once watched I ditch them anyway.
    It's been a while since I uploaded my Avatar, I don't remember it being difficult. I will have a look tomorrow as New Tricks is looming
    I don't know if removing the aerial will work, it does definitely work on a Topfield pvr though.

It might help. Also, if you turn to a data channel, for example BBC Red Button (CH 200) it should stop recording to the time shift buffer and this would have a similar effect to removing the aerial but without the faff.

| Tue 18 Aug 2015 21:21:15 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I am not in a position to test on our HDR-2000T at the moment. My only thought is that perhaps the way Humax have implemented NTFS support (not present in the standard HDR-FOX T2 software) on the HDR-2000T has slowed down all transfers to USB storage devices.

| Tue 18 Aug 2015 22:38:01 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 10 hours ago  » 

Des in London - 1 hour ago  » 
    On the subject of archive, why do you use the PC method if you don't mind me asking? Do you keep all your recordings on there and use it as a platform to transfer to HDD from there?
    PS.

I don't transfer much, but as it always ends up on a PC first it makes sense to copy any content directly. I use Videoredo TV suite to top and tail and remove ads. These are mainly for viewing away from home on a tablet/smartphone, once watched I ditch them anyway.

Which is unfortunately not feasible on the HDR-2000T or HDR-1800T as the transferred recordings would remain encrypted.
    Just thought I'd mention that in case someone reading this is not ware.

| Wed 19 Aug 2015 7:34:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Luke - 4 months ago  » 
    For me it is not a software issue that has occured all the time.
    I first bought the HDR-2000T in 2013 and its export speed was on a par with the HDR-FOX T2 for the same type of file (i.e. comparing SD with SD and HD with HD). The unit lasted a day before it was returned to the shop.
    A bought a second unit, also on 1.00.07 last year and again the exporting was similar to the HDR-FOX-T2. Then a few weeks later it was just under half the speed. Even after a reset and no recordings the speed was still down.

When comparing the export speed of the HDR-2000T with the HDR-FOX T2 I was using the same decrypted recording and would have either or BBC World service.

I've since realised that the HDR-FOX T2 was probably internet connected and the HDR-2000T initially was not when the speed was comparable. I can't believe that having the internet connected would make any difference but if I get to where they are setup and also have time I'll give it a go. Some sort of driver suggested by Martin as a possibility sounds far more likely, but that wold not account for why I had comparable speeds initially.

Another possibility for the change in speed that occurred on my HDR-2000T was that although I was comparing like with like of the HDR-FOX T2 and HDR-2000T when I came back for more comparisons I may not have been using the same file system as the first time around when my HDR-2000T was up to speed. I.e. I may have been using FAT32 on one set comparisons and then EXT3 on the other set.

| Wed 19 Aug 2015 7:54:42 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

View My Profile

Edit Profile

Profile Menu - Avatar

| Wed 19 Aug 2015 10:04:00 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.