Video freezing on SD Channels

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

carola

Thank you foe the explanation about the tuners

| Mon 4 Jul 2022 21:32:38 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

UKPothole

Hi! I am a new member of the Forum. I joined specifically because I have the same issue with video freezing on a FVP-5000T.

I have now discovered that the issue is heat related. I would suggest that if you have the problem again, blow cool air onto the FVP-5000T using a desk fan (or perhaps a hairdryer set to cold) and see if the situation improves. Make sure that the vent slots underneath the FVP-5000T are not blocked (which might occur if the unit is installed on a soft surface) and maintain clear airflow around the unit.

As a temporary measure, I have placed a very small fan underneath the FVP=5000T below the ventilation slots and am extracting the hot air from the box. When I do this, the freezing video issue clears within seconds!!

Note that the audio channels do not appear to be affected. Also, the issue affects playback or live TV only (i.e. when I watch the recording of the SAME show where freezing was seen, the video is perfect while the box is cool.

I am going to further investigate this issue, as the device is not performing properly at normal ambient temperatures. I will report any further findings here if I discover any other significant information.

| Wed 3 Aug 2022 14:23:56 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stoker

Many thanks for your detailed reply. I have already installed a signal attenuator and that seems to have cured the problem.

| Wed 3 Aug 2022 18:41:38 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

a4000t_owner

I noticed this frequent short freezing issue on channel 12 Quest the other day.
    Following the advice in this thread the hdmi and aerial cables were touching so separated those and propped the box up to aid air flow. No more issues, thanks to all. The box does seem really quite hot I wonder if its age related.

| Sat 14 Oct 2023 11:07:43 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.