My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

View recordings on 1010s freesat

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Unique listener

Just lately I have noticed that when I view recorded programmes the series usually appear ordered by time with the oldest recording at the top. Today I noticed that some are reversed with the latest appearing on the top. Is this really possible?

| Wed 7 Aug 2013 20:55:45 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

You will find it is associated with whether episode numbers are used or not. This is something picked up during testing, and is yet to be addressed.

(admin note - removed the numerous posts on the same subject)

| Wed 7 Aug 2013 21:24:11 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. The order appears to be inconsistent. On my box series that have episode numbers seem to appear with lowest episode number at the top. With no episode numbers the order is reversed with the newest recording at the top. Lack of recording times in the synopses adds to the confusion.

| Wed 7 Aug 2013 21:27:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithwarrington

I think all recordings should be time and date stamped. This week we inadvertently watched Long live Britain in reverse order.

| Thu 8 Aug 2013 10:46:54 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

keithwarrington - 25 minutes ago  » 
    I think all recordings should be time and date stamped. This week we inadvertently watched Long live Britain in reverse order.

I think the newest should be first, with episodes the highest episode number first as they are not always broadcast in sequence (repeats etc). I would also not mind an oldest first approach either.

| Thu 8 Aug 2013 11:19:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithwarrington

If listings are time and date stamped it wouldn't matter whether it was newest or oldest first. We would be able to tell from the time stamp, i.e. Coronation Street two episodes in one evening with nothing to tell you which is which.

| Thu 8 Aug 2013 23:10:50 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

keithwarrington - 1 hour ago  » 
    If listings are time and date stamped it wouldn't matter whether it was newest or oldest first. We would be able to tell from the time stamp, i.e. Coronation Street two episodes in one evening with nothing to tell you which is which.

I agree, sometimes had to read the programme synopses to be sure which is the earliest, but if the newest recording was always at the top of the list there wouldn't be an issue. However as Barry already said the shortcomings are already known, I guess it will be resolved over time.

Out of interest the Focsat-hdr programme info has scheduled and actual start/end recording times detailed. Could it be broadcaster pressure that removed this info (are I being paranoid )

| Fri 9 Aug 2013 0:41:04 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.